Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Elmira
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators announced today that defenseman Ben Blood has been reassigned by the club's National Hockey League affiliate Ottawa Senators from Binghamton to the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL.
Blood, 23, was reassigned to Binghamton for the fourth time this season on Dec. 12. He has appeared in four games with the B-Sens this season, recording no points.
The 6-3, 232-pound defenseman is a plus-one and has amassed 15 penalty minutes in 15 games with the Jackals this season.
The Jackals see action next as they visit the Trenton Titans tonight at 7:05 p.m.
The B-Sens return to action Wednesday night as they host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $19 for side seating and $18 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets through the B-Sens' executive office, Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 607-722-SENS (7367) and through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
American Hockey League Stories from December 15, 2012
- Heat Edge Stars 2-1 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Hogs Bit by Dogs, Fall 6-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Kevin Poulin makes season-high 50 saves in shootout loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Defeats Rochester 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Outshoot But Can't Outscore Chicago - Cleveland Monsters
- Dogged Determination Leads Admirals to Comeback Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Dogs Chop Hogs 6-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Fall at Oklahoma City, 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Shut out Penguins 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Force Overtime Late, Earn Point - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Squeak Past Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Third Period Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Voyn-OFF to the Races - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Stun Bears 4-3 in Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Slip Past Falcons in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Come Back to Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Get Point, Lose in Shootout - Albany Devils
- Pirates shut out Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Shut Out by Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bruins Outlast Devils in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Sterling and Ebbett Lead Wolves to Third Straight Win - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Stars Release Cam Barker from PTO - Texas Stars
- Hogs and Bulldogs Face off Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Checkers Sweep Houston - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Shutout Houston Aeros 3-0 - Houston Aeros
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Statement from Albany Devils GM Chris Lamoriello on Defenseman Matt Corrente - Albany Devils
- Hamilton Bulldogs Release Darryl Boyce from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Goaltender Marco Cousineau Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Returned to Reading - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. St. John's, Game #24 - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Fall to Stars 3-1 in Teddy Bear Toss - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Take Down First Place Abbotsford 3-1 - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.