Dead River Company to Make $14,000 Donation to Good Shepherd Food Bank
PORTLAND, MAINE- Dead River Company will present a check for $14,000 to GoodShepherd Food Bank at Hadlock Field on Saturday, August 31st when the Sea Dogs host the Trenton Thunder (Yankees) in a doubleheader starting at 5:00 PM. The donation represents money raised through the "Score 4 for Hunger" partnership between the Sea Dogs and Dead River Company.
The "Score 4 for Hunger" campaign featured a $400 donation from Dead River Company to Good Shepherd Food Bank every time the Sea Dogs scored four or more runs in a home game this season, up to a $14,000 total. Through August 21st, the Sea Dogs had scored four or more runs at home 43 times, generating $14,000 for the Good Shepherd Food Bank.
The Sea Dogs and Dead River Company will also be hosting a food drive at the game, which will kick-off Hunger Action Month (September). Fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to the game, which will be collected by Good Shepherd Food Bank. Fans are also encouraged to wear orange, the official color of Hunger Action Month.
Bob Moore, CEO of Dead River Company, will be making the check presentation to the Good Shepherd Food Bank and will be accompanied by Bill Phillips, Market Manager for Dead River Company in Scarborough and Dana Guay, Dead River Company Market Manager in Biddeford. Kristen Miale, President of Good Shepherd Food Bank, will be accepting the check. Sea Dogs' Executive Vice-President and General Manager Geoff Iacuessa will also be taking part in the check presentation.
Eastern League Stories from August 27, 2013
- Fightins Walk-Off Again on Murphy's Bomb - Reading Fightin Phils
- Gaynor Single Keeps SeaWolves in Title Hunt - Akron RubberDucks
- Souza Delivers Key Hit in 6-3 Win, Sens Inch Closer to Playoffs - Harrisburg Senators
- Curve Can't Stop Burns, Goodwin for a Second-Straight - Altoona Curve
- 'Wolves Win 10 Inning Thriller, Magic Number Down to Three - Erie SeaWolves
- Turley's Gem Leads Thunder Past Rock Cats, 5-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Falter in Loss to Binghamton - Bowie Baysox
- Fool Me Twice; Squirrels Hearts Shattered Again, 9-8 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Rebound on Record-Setting Night, 3-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Owens solid in Portland's 9-2 win over Fisher Cats - Portland Sea Dogs
- Burns Has Two Hits in Fisher Cats 9-2 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Game Notes: Game #136 Binghamton Mets (82-53) at Bowie Baysox (68-66) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Curve Game Information: August 27, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- Dead River Company to Make $14,000 Donation to Good Shepherd Food Bank - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 27 at New Hampshire (Game 135) - Portland Sea Dogs
- Franco Gets Birthday Wish with Game-Tying Knock in 7-6 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.