Davis Placed on D.L., Shelton Returns
Dash IF Kyle Davis has been placed on the seven-day disabled list. He will be replaced on the active roster by IF Kyle Shelton, who was received from AA Birmingham.
Davis was batting .096 with two doubles and two RBI in 15 games for Winston-Salem. Shelton began the year with the Dash before receiving a promotion to the Barons last week. He played in five games for Birmingham, hitting .182 (2 for 11) with one RBI and one run scored. In seven games for Winston-Salem this year, he has hit .280 with a home run, double, triple, six RBI, and three runs scored.
The Dash's roster is remains at the Carolina League limit of 25 players.
Tonight Winston-Salem begins a six-game road trip with a series at the Wilmington Blue Rocks. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. from Frawley Stadium.
Carolina League Stories from April 29, 2011
- Odorizzi Dominates Again As Rocks Blank Dash - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Odorizzi, Rocks Blank Dash 4-0 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Unlikely Heroes Lead Sox To Win - Potomac Nationals
- Salem Downs Potomac 5-2 in Opener - Salem Red Sox
- Bundy Deals; Ward and Townsend Go Deep in 5-1 Over Myrtle Beach - Frederick Keys
- Pelicans Fall to Frederick in Series Opener - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Kinston Blanks the Hillcats - Lynchburg Hillcats
- K-Tribe Blanks Lynchburg 2-0 - Kinston Indians
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
- Davis Placed on D.L., Shelton Returns - Winston-Salem Dash
- Keys Return Home May 2nd - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.