Danforth's Hat Trick Leads Cyclones Past 'Blades 4-1
ESTERO, FL - Cincinnati's Justin Danforth netted a hat trick while goaltender Jason Kasdorf made 29 saves to lead the Cyclones to 4-1 victory over the Florida Everblades Friday night at Germain Arena. The win was the fifth straight for the Cyclones, while Florida's unbeaten streak ends at four games.
Former Everblade Shawn O'Donnell continued to be a thorn in the side of the Blades early on in the game. O'Donnell received the puck at the left circle as the Cyclones were on their first power play of the game, and was able to squeeze a shot through Martin Ouellette's five-hole as the puck just trickled over the line to give the Cyclones the first lead of the game.
Just 21 seconds later, the Cyclones added another goal as they cycled the puck quickly from the right point to the left and down low to O'Donnell. O'Donnell fed the puck to the slot to Danforth for a backhander that caught Ouellette out of position for the tally.
Cincinnati struck again with 2.1 seconds left in the period, when a Mitch Nylen shot from the point was tipped and redirected by Danforth to put the score at 3-0. The goal was the second of the game for Danforth.
The 'Blades controlled much of the second period, outshooting the Cyclones 15-6, but could not beat goaltender Jason Kasdorf for a goal, and the score remained 3-0 heading into the third period.
Justin Kea got Florida on the board at 2:13 into the third, off an absolute laser from the bottom right circle to bring the 'Blades within two goals.
However, the Everblades couldn't come up with anything on a late power play, and soon after the Cyclones' Danforth tallied his third of the game on the empty-netter to complete the hat trick to cap off the 4-1 victory. Kasdorf earns the win stopping 28 of 29 shots, while Ouellette suffers his first loss of the season allowing three goals on 18 shots.
The two teams will meet again on Saturday at Germain Arena at 7:00 p.m. Promotional details and ticket information is provided below.
Upcoming Home Games
Saturday, November 11, vs. Cincinnati, 7:00 p.m. Military Night! The team will wear special Military Jerseys which will be auctioned to benefit the National Coalition for Patriots. We will honor our veterans military personnel throughout the evening. Pregame tailgate party begins at 5:00 p.m. featuring live music and bounce houses for the kids!
Purchase Single Game Tickets at the Florida Community Bank Box Office located at Germain Arena, or online via Ticketmaster by CLICKING HERE
2017-18 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! We offer full season and flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2017-18 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage!
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades offices at Germain Arena Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Everblades are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes
Images from this story
Danforth's Hat TrickLeads Cyclones Past 'Blades 4-1
ECHL Stories from November 13, 2017
- Another Rush Rally Pushes Rapid City to 3-2 Win In - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Sweep Defending Champs for Fourth Straight - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Pull Away with 5-3 Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Reaches 10 Wins with 4-2 Victory in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Suffer Second Straight Loss to Thunder - Kalamazoo Wings
- Sam Warning scored twice as the host Quad City Mallards defeated the Indy Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- Atlanta Earns Sixth Straight Road Win and Weekend Sweep - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Split Home-And-Home Series with Walleye - Wheeling Nailers
- Booth; EverbladesRock Cyclones in 1-0 Victory - Florida Everblades
- Railers HC Drop Final Game of Homestand 6-3 to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Kevin Morris recorded the first hat trick of his career - Manchester Monarchs
- James De Haas Helps Royals Melt IceMen, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Josiah Didier Returns from AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Sign Goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Defensemen Comrie, De Haas Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Royals collect clothing for vets in need and give away rally towels - Reading Royals
- RUSH WIN THIRD STRAIGHT IN OVERTIME - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Powers Past Mavericks, 6-2 - Wichita Thunder
- RUSH WIN THIRD STRAIGHT IN OVERTIME - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City Scores Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-3 in Over time - Colorado Eagles
- Danforth's Hat Trick Leads Cyclones Past 'Blades 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Evan Cowley makes 33 saves in victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Beast Bury Four in Win over Norfolk - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Tie the Game Late, Win Second Straight - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wings Fall Short against Thunder in Front of Sold Out - Kalamazoo Wings
- October's Rookie of the Month Nets Fourth Game Winner of the Year - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Top Admirals 4-2 Friday Night - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Welcomes 100 Millionth Fan in League History - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game against Wichita Delayed - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel name Michael Neal captain for 2017-18 season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Admirals Acquire Blueliner Segalla from Adirondack. - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.