D.C. United Signs John Thorrington
Washington, D.C. (January 21, 2013) - D.C. United today announced that the club has signed John Thorrington, a midfielder the club selected in Stage-2 of the 2012 Major League Soccer Re-Entry Draft on December 14, 2012. Thorrington played in 19 games (14 starts) with Whitecaps FC in the 2012 season, and has appeared in four matches internationally with the U.S. Men's National Team. Per team and League policy, the details of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are happy to have reached an agreement with John, and are excited to add him into the strong foundation we have built here at D.C. United," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper. "John will add another level of experience and leadership here with the club."
Thorrington is an eight-year Major League Soccer veteran. He has made 89 appearances (72 games started), scoring eight goals and assisting on three others.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2013
- Colin Clark Excited to Get His LA Galaxy Career Underway - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Galaxy return to the practice field as preseason begins - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Midfielder Barry Robson Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Claret-and-Cobalt Heads to Casa Grande, Ariz. for Start of Preseason Training - Real Salt Lake
- Arne Friedrich Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire
- Three Chicago Fire Midfielders Return to Fold in 2013 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Sign Forward Jose Valencia to Multi-Year Contract - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Sign Defender Ryan Miller - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update: Rapids to Present Serna Today - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Begin 2013 Preseason Camp in Ave Maria, Florida - Chicago Fire
- Montero Loaned to Colombia's Millonarios - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Signs John Thorrington - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.