D.C. United, RomÃ¡ntica 900AM & Radio Cuscatleca USA.com
Washington D.C. (March 7, 2013) - D.C. United today announced a partnership with RomÃ¡ntica 900AM and Radio Cuscatleca USA.com for the Spanish-language broadcast rights to D.C. United's 34 regular season games during this year's MLS season. Radio Cuscatleca USA.com will produce the live broadcasts including play-by-play commentary for RomÃ¡ntica 900AM, the official Spanish-language broadcaster of the Black-and-Red.
"We are pleased to join forces with these two very important Spanish-language broadcasters," said Doug Hicks, D.C. United Chief Marketing Officer. "This partnership guarantees that the live coverage will reach a strong and loyal fan base in the metro area and around the world."
RomÃ¡ntica 900AM is the official Spanish-language broadcaster of the Black-and-Red. Radio Cuscatleca USA.com will produce the live broadcasts including play-by-play commentary for RomÃ¡ntica 900AM. Additionally, Radio Cuscatleca USA.com will stream all the games live.
"It is an honor to represent this fantastic team," commented Giovanna Salazar, Station Manager of RomÃ¡ntica 900AM. "This is a logical partnership. The Black-and-Red and RomÃ¡ntica 900AM are two very important sources of entertainment for Latinos in the area. Our partnership with the Radio Cuscalteca team assures that the coverage is first-class and at the level the fans demand." Salazar also announced a series of on-air promotions to support D.C. United.
The production team of Radio Cuscatleca USA.com is under the direction of José Mardoqueo Reyes and includes Carlos Osorio, Sergio Alfaro, Francisco LÃ"pez Ãlvarez y Vinicio Guerra who together have decades of broadcasting experience on the world stage with both national and international soccer events including various World Cups. "We appreciate the alliance with D.C. United and RomÃ¡ntica 900AM. On behalf of the entire team, we are excited to be the exclusive broadcaster of the capital's soccer team," stated José Mardoqueo Reyes, President of Radio Cuscatleca USA.com.
D.C. United's first home opener is Saturday, March 7 at 7p.m. ET against Real Salt Lake. For tickets or information, please visit dcunited.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 7, 2013
- Three Points: Galaxy Claim 0-0 Draw in First Leg of Champions League - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- CCL Pregame Notes: Herediano vs LA Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Nominated for Utah Governor's State of Sport Awards - Real Salt Lake
- After Week 1 Bye, Revs Eager for Opener - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Foundation and Herbalife Family Foundation Donate $10,000 in Costa Rica - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Waive Sodade - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Announce MLS Reserve League Home Schedule - Toronto FC
- D.C. United, RomÃ¡ntica 900AM & Radio Cuscatleca USA.com - D.C. United
- Impact and EMSB Launch Stay-In-School Program for Eighth Year - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2013 RSL Youth Camps Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Prepared for the "Electric" Atmosphere against Herediano - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Tigres UANL Tops Sounders FC 1-0 in Champions League Quarterfinal Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.