THIS PAST WEEK:
About Saturday Night in Fort Wayne: For just the second time this season, the Cyclones fell into a 4-0 hole and could not recover as the Komets earned a 7-2 victory in front of 7,484 at Memorial Coliseum. David Pacan and Taylor Ellington each potted goals for the Cyclones.
About Friday Night in Evansville: After erasing one goal deficits on three different occasions, the IceMen ultimately prevailed over the Cyclones in a shootout by a 5-4 final score in front of 5,751 at Ford Center. Dan Eves, Mathieu Aubin, and David Pacan all enjoyed multi-point efforts in the loss.
About Thursday Night vs. Toledo: The Walleye moved to within five points of the North Division lead as they shutout the Cyclones by a final score of 2-0 in front of 3,923 at U.S. Bank Arena. It was the first time this season that Cincinnati was held without a goal.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT:
Southern State of Mind: With a slim two-point lead in the North, the Cyclones will enjoy a weekend away from divisional play as they visit the Greenville Road Warriors and Gwinnett Gladiators on back-to-back days beginning Saturday. The Clones have gone 5-3 against the South Division this season, including a win against the Road Warriors back in November. This weekend will mark the first time this year that the Cyclones and Gladiators meet.
400 Strong: - Cyclones Captain Mathieu Aubin will play in his 400th pro game on Saturday in Greenville. Now in his 7th year of pro hockey, Aubin has amassed 315 points (132g, 183a). He is second on the club's all-time games played, points, goals, and assist lists.
Another Century Club Member: Cyclones forward Garrett Wilson played in 100th game with Cincinnati this past weekend. As a Cyclone, he has 36 goals and 27 assists.
Don't Mess with the Zoltan: Cyclones goalie Zoltan Hetenyi has helped his team earn at least a point in each of his last six starts. He has gone 4-0-0-2 in that span and has amassed a 5-4-0-2 mark with a stingy 2.43 goals-against average.
Coors Light Jarrod Skalde Show TONIGHT: Join us from 7-8pm at the Tap House Grill for another week of hockey conversation with Cyclones Head Coach Jarrod Skalde and Voice of the Cyclones Nick Brunker. Enjoy great food and Coors Light beer specials as we chat about what's coming up in Puckopolis! Plus, Florida Panthers Skills Coach Paul Vincent and Assistant Coach Matt Macdonald will be on hand!
Tuesday, February 12 Big Beer Tuesday / NASCAR Night - 7:30pm Fans 21+ can enjoy $2 24-ounce Labatt Blue and Molson. Plus, fans are encouraged to wear their best NASCAR attire. We'll award a cash prize to the best outfit!
Friday, February 15 Kids Eat FREE Night - 7:30pm All fans ages 2-12 will receive a FREE meal courtesy of Donatos! Plus, each fan ages 2-12 will receive a Twister Card!
Saturday, February 16 Cyclones Bowl and Spoon Night - 7:30pm The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a Cyclones Bowl and Spoon courtesy of City BBQ.
For tickets to all games this season, log onto CyclonesHockey.com, call 513.421.PUCK (7825) or visit the U.S. Bank Arena Box Office.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Cincinnati vs. Fort Wayne
Tuesday, February 12 - 7:30pm
BIG BEER TUESDAY / NASCAR NIGHT
Cincinnati vs. Trenton
Friday, February 15 - 7:30pm
KIDS EAT FREE NIGHT
Cincinnati vs. Trenton
Saturday, February 16 - 7:30pm
CYCLONES BOWL AND SPOON NIGHT PRESENTED BY CITY BBQ
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2013
- Reign to Host Go Green/Teacher Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Reign Release Two Players - Ontario Reign
- $1 Admission with Donation of Books on Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Home Saturday, Sunday; Complete Road Trip in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Radio Recon Promises Not to Bring up Lake Placid Circa 1980 - Reading Royals
- Mike Liambas Earns First Trip to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 4 - ECHL
- Condors Weekly: Injury-Riddled Condors Ready for Five-Game Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Point Leader Named ECHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Yellow Horn Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Reiter Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Fort Wayne Komets
- Lagace Gets a Call-Up to Rochester; Condors Sign Morley - Bakersfield Condors
- Fort Wayne's Reiter Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jr. K-Wings to Cease Operations After this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Buy One-Get One on Twitter Tuesday; Cirque Du Condorstown Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye inch closer to top spot in division - ECHL
- Nathan Lieuwen Recalled to Rochester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho's Fyten Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Fyten Named ECHL Rookie of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Veteran D-Man Milam Returns to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Snag Four Points for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Nerd-Con and Hollywood Come to the Coliseum this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.