Cyclones Host WWE Superstars for Anti-Bullying Night
Brooklyn, NY, June 19, 2012 - On Wednesday, June 27, WWE, The Creative Coalition and the Brooklyn Cyclones will join forces for Anti-Bullying Night at MCU Park. WWE Superstars David Otunga and Long Island's own Zack Ryder, WWE Diva Natalya and WWE Personality Lilian Garcia will be on hand to spread the message of the "Be a STAR" anti-bullying campaign.
"Be a STAR" was co-founded by WWE and The Creative Coalition with the mission of ensuring a positive and equitable social environment for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation through grassroots efforts, beginning with education and awareness. Prior to the June 27 game against the Hudson Valley Renegades, WWE Superstars and Divas will address the crowd at MCU Park to spread the message of tolerance, understanding and respect that is at the core of the "Be a STAR" initiative.
During the game, fans will be asked to use their social media tools to spread an anti-bullying message and take the official "Be a STAR" pledge by logging onto www.beastaralliance.org to put an end to bullying through proper channels and communication, while also creating a bully free-environment for everyone. In addition to the pre-game presentation, WWE Superstars and Divas will be signing autographs on the concourse and WWE personality Lilian Garcia will sing the National Anthem.
Tickets for Anti-Bullying Night at MCU Park, and all Cyclones home games, start at just $9.00 and can be purchased by calling 718-507-TIXX, logging on to BrooklynCyclones.com or in person at the MCU Park box office.
New York-Penn League Stories from June 19, 2012
- Doubledays Win Home Opener 8-7 over Muckdogs - Auburn Doubledays
- Carvajal, Fortunato Team up to Help Spikes Top 'Cutters - State College Spikes
- Tigers Cruise to 11-4 Win; Split Opening Series - Connecticut Tigers
- Vermont Uses 5-Run 5th Inning To Beat Tri-City 7-4 On Tuesday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Three Scrappers errors lead to first loss of season - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Larry Greene breaks through, but bats quiet in Cutters' first loss of 2012 - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Spinners, Rolling Thunder to Unveil POW/MIA Unoccupied Seat Tuesday Night, June 19 - Lowell Spinners
- Cyclones Host WWE Superstars for Anti-Bullying Night - Brooklyn Cyclones
- IronBirds Home Opener Set for Wednesday at Ripken Stadium - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Perez's Four RBI Lead Doubledays to Opening Night Win - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.