June 3, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Cincinnati Cyclones
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL\'s Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today their 2013-14 Protected List.
The full list is as follows: Mathieu Aubin, Francois Bouchard, Taylor Ellington, Mike Embach, Dan Eves, Jared Gomes, Trevor Lewis, David MacDonald, Mike Pelech, Chris Reed, Cam Reid, Matt Smyth.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players\' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2012-13 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2012-13, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2012-13 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.