Curtis Partch Earns Promotion to Louisville
RHP Curtis Partch has pitched his way to Louisville, becoming the fourth player from the Opening Day roster to be promoted already this season. That includes Logan Ondrusek who was recalled by Cincinnati earlier this month.
Partch had pitched in eight games for the Wahoos this season and worked 8.1 innings. He was tied for second on the team in strikeouts with 14. He was second in the league in SO/9 IP among relievers at 15.12 behind Zach Rosscup of Tennessee.
Partch was originally drafted by the Reds in the 26th round of the 2007 draft. He was added to the Reds 40-man roster this past offseason on 11/19.
In a corresponding move, RHP Kyle Lotzkar has been activated from the disabled list. Lotzkar was placed on the DL on 4/16 with a hip flexor strain.
Southern League Stories from April 24, 2013
- Smokies Welcome Pensacola to Smokies Park Thursday - Tennessee Smokies
- Late Runs Prove Costly in Smokies 5-4 Loss Wednesday - Tennessee Smokies
- Ozuna's Walk off Homer Caps Wild 12-9 Suns Win - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Pensacola's Five-Run Seventh Dooms Jackson - Jackson Generals
- M-Braves Comeback Falls Short in 9th, Fall to BayBears 4-3 - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Lose Game, Series To Barons - Huntsville Stars
- Five-Run Seventh Pushes Pensacola Past Jackson - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Curtis Partch Earns Promotion to Louisville - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Game Information (Wednesday, April 24) - Jackson Generals
- Stars Drop Second Straight - Huntsville Stars
- M-Braves Tie Franchise Record with Eighth Consecutive Win, 10-0 - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Down the Wahoos in 13, 2-1 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Almonte's Walk-Off Single Gives Jackson Win In 13th - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.