Cubs Add RHP Shane Lindsay
Omaha, NE - The Chicago Cubs have signed free agent pitcher Shane Lindsay and assigned him to the Iowa Cubs active roster. Chicago has also released LH Nate Robertson, making him a free agent.
In December, Lindsay signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers as a minor league free agent and was a non-roster invite to spring training. He was 0-1 with a 5.00 ERA in eight games for the Albuquerque Isotopes this season from April 27-May 19, before getting released and signing with the Cubs. Last season, Lindsay was 2-2 with a 1.98 ERA and four saves in 45 games for triple-A Charlotte and was named to the International League All-Star team. He was called up by the Chicago White Sox on September 2 and made four appearances for his first big league action.
Lindsay originally signed with the Colorado Rockies in 2003 as a non-drafted free agent out of his native Australia. He was named the short-season starting pitcher of the year by MLB.com and a short-season All-Star by Baseball America in 2005. He was ranked by BA as the number two prospect in the Northwest League in 2006. He missed the entire 2007 season due to shoulder surgery. Entering this season, Lindsay was 22-17 with a 3.37 ERA and six saves in 169 career minor league games (46 starts) with the Rockies (2004-10), Yankees ('10), Indians ('10), and White Sox ('11) organizations.
Robertson was 0-2 with an 8.10 ERA in 14 games with Iowa this season. In 20 innings, he allowed 30 hits, walked four, and struck out 15. After allowing 12 runs (11 earned) in 6.2 innings over his first four appearances, Robertson had allowed seven runs in 13.1 innings for a 4.73 ERA over his last 10 games.
The Cubs play game two of a four-game series at Werner Park in Omaha tonight. Game time is 6:35. The game will be broadcast live on AM 940 with the On-Deck Circle Pre-Game Show starting at 6:15.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 30, 2012
- Bass, RedHawks Stymie Sounds, 7-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally by Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Blank Zephyrs 4-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Round Rock Express Clipped at Memphis 4-3 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Struggles against RedHawks Continue with 7-2 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Hand Takes No-Hitter into Eighth - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Fife Flummoxes Z's in 4-0 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Cruises to 13-5 Win over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Roughed Up At Reno, 13-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Banwart Leads Sacramento over Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Wednesday's Chasers and I-Cubs Game Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Rained out in Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats Win Second-Straight against Grizzlies, 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs Add RHP Shane Lindsay - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oswalt Scheduled to Start for Express Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers and Budweiser of Omaha Team up for Children of Fallen and Disabled Soldiers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Win Rain-Shortened Game, 2-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Padres' Rally Catches Las Vegas in Sixth - Tucson Padres
- Aces Take Opener over Tacoma, 7-5 - Reno Aces
- Tacoma Taken Down By Reno, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hicks' Walk-Off Home Run Lifts River Cats Past Grizzlies, 4-2 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.