Crew Re-Signs Midfielder Tony Tchani
COLUMBUS - Midfielder Tony Tchani has agreed to a new contract with the Columbus Crew, the club announced on Friday. Per Major League Soccer and club policy, terms of the agreement were not discussed.
Appearing in 22 matches and making 14 starts in 2012, the Cameroonian midfielder scored two goals and supplied two assists for the Black & Gold in his first full season with the club.
"Tony is a versatile, hard-working player that offers tremendous upside," said Crew Technical Director Brian Bliss. "We're excited to have him back with us for 2013."
Tchani joined the Crew on July 15, 2011 from Toronto FC in exchange for defender Andy Iro and midfielder Leandre Griffit. The University of Virginia product was selected second overall in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by the New York Red Bulls after helping the Cavaliers to the 2009 NCAA Championship.
Name: Tony Tchani
Born: April 14, 1989 (Douala, Cameroon)
Hometown: Douala, Cameroon
Acquired: Acquired via trade from Toronto FC on 7/15/11 in exchange for Andy Iro and Leandre Griffit
Professional Experience: Columbus Crew (2011-12), Toronto FC (2011), New York Red Bulls (2010-11)
Major League Soccer Stories from December 7, 2012
- Sounders FC Announces Team Award Recipients - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United, Maicon Santos Part Ways - D.C. United
- Maicon Santos Selected by Chicago Fire in Re-Entry Process Stage One Draft - MLS
- Chicago Fire Select Forward Maicon Santos in Stage-One Draft of MLS Re-Entry Process - Chicago Fire
- Galaxy Working to Bring Juninho Back for 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Impact Exercises Option on 11 Players - Montreal Impact
- Jeff Parke Traded to Philadelphia Union - Seattle Sounders FC
- Union Sign Defender Jeff Parke - Philadelphia Union
- Crew Re-Signs Midfielder Tony Tchani - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.