Coyotes Recall Summers Assign Rundblad to Portland
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have recalled defenseman Chris Summers and assigned defenseman David Rundblad to the Portland Pirates, the Coyotes American Hockey League affiliate (AHL).
The 6-foot-2, 209-pound Summers has played in 41 games for Portland this season collecting 2-8-10 and 45 PIM. He was selected to represent the Pirates at the AHL All-Star Game in Providence, Rhode Island. Summers won the AHL's fastest skater contest, setting a new AHL record in the skills competition with a time of 13.324.
In 2011-12, Summers appeared in 21 games with the Coyotes posting 0-3-3 with 11 PIM. The Ann Arbor, Michigan native played in 28 games for Portland last season collecting 0-2-2 and 37 PIM.
The 6-foot-2, 189-pound Rundblad has played three games for the Coyotes this season. In 32 games with Portland, Rundblad has collected 6-17-23 and 10 penalty minutes (PIM). At the time of his recall, Rundblad ranked fifth on the Pirates in scoring and led all Pirates defensemen in points.
Rundblad was originally drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the first round (17th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2013
- Home Stand Ends with Shootout Loss - Lake Erie Monsters
- Whale Dropped by Albany in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Skate to Shootout Win in Cleveland - Hershey Bears
- Devils Win at All Levels - Albany Devils
- Sharks Stun IceCaps with Late Comeback - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Shock IceCaps with Late 3rd Period Comeback for 3-2 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Oilers Assign Defenseman Theo Peckham to OKC on Conditioning - Oklahoma City Barons
- A Sweet Deal for You and Your Sweetheart - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Summers Assign Rundblad to Portland - Portland Pirates
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Heat Beat Americans 3-2, Extend North Division Lead - Abbotsford Heat
- Albany Devils Add Stefan Stepanov - Albany Devils
- Griffins Face Test from South Division - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host "Big Brothers Big Sisters Day" this Sunday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Vote Now For Stevens Jewelers Diamond In The Rough Award - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks' Five-Game Win Streak Snapped in 3-2 Loss to Heat - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Mark Arcobello - Oklahoma City Barons
- Gallant Agrees to Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals to Donate $2 from All Tickets to Children's Hospital February 17 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Hope to Pick up Where They Left off at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Rivermen Extend Point Streak to Five - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens 2013-14 Season and 2013 Calder Cup Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Sunday - Binghamton Senators
- Haydar's Hat Trick and Sweatt's OT Winner Lead Wolves Past Peoria - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Host Donald Driver February 15 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rangers Assign Forward Brandon Mashinter to Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Anaheim Returns Devante Smith-Pelly to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Audy-Marchessault Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Dallas Reassigned Tyler Beskorowany to Idaho - Texas Stars
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Anti-Bullying Campaign - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Launch "Sweets in Your Seats" Valentine's Day Pack - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Take You Can Play Pledge - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Takes Down Houston, Continues To Lead The Ahl - Texas Stars
- Houston Aeros Fall to Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.