Coyotes Claim Hamilton off Waivers; Assign Kempe to Tucson
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have claimed center Freddie Hamilton off waivers from the Calgary Flames. The Coyotes also assigned forward Mario Kempe to the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Hamilton has collected an assist in eight games with the Flames this season. The 26-year-old native of Toronto, ON has registered 4-2-6 and 12 penalty minutes (PIM) in 67 career NHL games with the San Jose Sharks, Colorado Avalanche and Flames. Hamilton was originally drafted by the Sharks in the fifth round (129th overall) in the 2010 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot, 185-pound Kempe has played in 18 games with the Coyotes this season, registering 2-2-4 and four PIM. In 11 games with the Roadrunners, the 29-year-old native of Kramfors, SE has recorded 2-5-7 and six PIM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 7, 2018
- Coyotes Claim Hamilton off Waivers; Assign Kempe to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Ryan Newman among several drivers to attend and sign autographs - Charlotte Checkers
- BLUE JACKETS RECALL VETERAN CENTER ZAC DALPE FROM MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Griffins Win Fourth Straight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bakersfield Blanks San Antonio 4-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Push Point Streak to 12 Games with 5-3 Win - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Clipped by Wolves Late - Cleveland Monsters
- PENGUINS ROAR BACK AGAINST SOUND TIGERS, WIN 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 'CANES RECALL ALEKSI SAARELA FROM CHARLOTTE - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.