Countdown to Face-Off
Tonight will be the fourth of 16 encounters between the Kalamazoo Wings and Fort Wayne Komets. On the season, the K-Wings are 2-1-0-0 against the Komets with Fort Wayne winning the last contest 6-5 back on November 3rd at Wings Stadium.
A night after suffering their worst defeat of the season, a 5-1 decision to the South Carolina Stingrays, the K-Wings return to Wings Stadium to close out a season-long five-game home stand. The K-Wings have gone 1-3-0-0 so far during the stretch at home.
Rolling along, Fort Wayne enters tonight on a five-game winning streak. During the streak, the Komets have found ways to win both at home and on the road. In fact, with a record of 4-0-0-1 on the road, Fort Wayne is one of two teams (Cincinnati) in the ECHL not to lose on the road in regulation.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Fort Wayne Komets
Goals: Darren Archibald, Brett Lysak (5 Goals) Josh Brittain, Brandon Marino (6 Goals)
Assists: Sam Ftorek (10 Assists) Colin Chaulk (13 Assists)
Points: Sam Ftorek, Brett Lysak (12 Points) Brandon Marino (18 Points)
+/-: Brett Lysak (+8) Josh Brittain, Daniel Maggio (+8)
Penalty Minutes: Darren Archibald (25 Minutes) Colten Hayes (48 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Darren Archibald (3 Goals) Eric Giosa, Brett Smith (2 Goals)
Short Handed Goals:
Entire Team (0 Goals) Eric Giosa, Jean-Michel Rizk (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Five Players Tied (1 GW) Thomas Beauregard (2 GW)
Shots: Darren Archibald (34 Shots) Tyler Butler (29 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Joe Charlebois (22.2%) Josh Brittain, Eric Giosa,
Brandon Marino (25%)
Overtime Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Michael Davies, Brett Lysak, Josh Brittain, Colin Chaulk,
Justin Taylor (1 Goal) Jean-Michel Rizk (1 Goal)
Shootout Percentage: Michael Davies, Brett Lysak, Josh Brittan, Colin Chaulk,
Justin Taylor (100%) Jean-Michel Rizk (100 %)
Goals Against Average: Joel Martin (2.27 ) Ken Reiter (1.17)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.925) Ken Reiter (0.959)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Trail All -Time Series: 159-161-44 (Includes ECHL, IHL and UHL )
All-Time ECHL Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time ECHL Series: 2-1-0-0
Season Series: K-Wings Lead Season Series: 2-1-0-0
Last Meeting: K-Wings Lost 6-5 on November 3rd @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Next Meeting: Thursday, November 22nd @ Allen County Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Revving up the "Kar"
Forward Kory Karlander is closing in a personal milestone. Karlander needs two more points to reach 1,000 for his career.
Two more members of the K-Wings are nearing milestones. Forward Aaron Clarke is two goals shy of 100 in his career, while forward Justin Taylor needs two points to reach 100 for his career.
Rolling Along Forward Darren Archibald and defenseman Sam Ftorek enter the game looking to extend streaks. Both players are riding four-game point streaks.
Good After Two
So far this season, when the K-Wings lead after the second period they have won. Kalamazoo is 4-0-0-0 when they enter the third period with a lead.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by stopping by the Wings Stadium Ticket Office or at any Ticketmaster location.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
Join special guests Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno on Monday, December 11th for the next edition of "K-Wings Live". The show is on WZUU (92.5 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-8 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (92.5 FM WZUU & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 20 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Saturday, November 17th @ Orlando 7:00 PM
Sunday, November 18th @ Orlando 3:00 PM
Tuesday, November 20th @ Orlando 7:00 PM
Thursday, November 22nd @ Fort Wayne 7:30 PM
Friday, November 23rd Vs Fort Wayne 7:30 PM (WNWN Rivalry Night and FANomenal Friday, Featuring, $2 Beer, $1 Pepsi and $1 Hot Dogs)
Sunday, November 25th Vs Toledo 3:00 PM (Family Hockey Day in the 'ZOO, presented by Consumers Credit Union, Charter and MLive)
ECHL Stories from November 10, 2012
- Eagles Complete Sweep of Grizzlies Behind Costello's Hat Trick - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Idaho, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Takes Out Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Gwinnett Holds off Everblades with a Wild 7-6 Win - Florida Everblades
- Titans Drop Fifth Straight; Fall in Reading, 4-1 - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Hand Cincinnati First Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Five Goal Third Period Lifts Solar Bears to 5-3 Win over Elmira - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Slip Past Stingrays 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Ends Home Stand with a 6-2 Victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Downed by Solar Bears - Elmira Jackals
- Walleye Sink Nailers with Three-Goal Third - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Sneak Past Cyclones, 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Glads Come Back, Stun Florida 7-6 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Wranglers Fans Donate over 2.5 Tons of Food to Three Square Food Bank - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs.Elmira Jackals Tonight - November 10 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit IceMen Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals and Capitals 'RED-Y' to Rock Reading - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - November 10 - ECHL
- Aces Take Game Two from Wranglers, Win 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Mazzolini, Guggenberger Pace Alaska in 2-1 Win at Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Six game win streak snapped, Reed collects lone Thunder goal - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Lets One Slip Away in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Stewart Stellar, Boyd Clutch as Condors Knock off Idaho, 3-2 (So) - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.