Cosmo Named NLL 'Player of the Week'
BUFFALO, NY (April 11, 2012) --- The National Lacrosse League today announced that Buffalo Bandits goaltender Anthony Cosmo has been named NLL "Defensive Player of the Week" for Week 14 of the 2012 NLL season after Buffalo defeated the Philadelphia Wings by a score of 17-7 before 15,060 fans at First Niagara Center this past Saturday.
Cosmo, acquired by the team from the Minnesota Swarm via trade on Feb. 17, earned his first win in a Bandits uniform by making 46 saves on 53 shots (.868 save percentage) and allowing just one goal in the second half against Philadelphia last weekend.
Cosmo (10/6/1977, 6'2", 205 lbs.) is a five-time NLL All-Star who led the league with a 9.66 goals against average last season, helping him earn Second Team All-Pro honors. The Mississauga, ON native was named NLL Goaltender of the Year in 2007 while playing for the San Jose Stealth.
The weekly player award winners are selected by a vote of the league's general managers and head coaches.
The Bandits travel to Edmonton this weekend to take on the Rush on Saturday, April 14 at 9 p.m. before returning home to host the Rochester Knighthawks on "Fan Appreciation Night" on Saturday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for Buffalo's April 21 regular season home finale are still available and start at just $25. For more ticket information, please visit the First Niagara Center box office, call 1-888-467-2273.
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 11, 2012
- Swarm's Tyler Hass Named Transition Player of the Week - Minnesota Swarm
- Rush Face Bandits in Middle of Tight Playoff Race - Edmonton Rush
- Cosmo Named NLL 'Player of the Week' - Buffalo Bandits
- Calgary Roughnecks Evans Named Offensive Player of the Week - Calgary Roughnecks
- Powless Named Rookie of the Week - Rochester Knighthawks
- NLL Week 14 Player Award Winners: Evans, Cosmo, Hass & Powless - NLL
- Knighthawks Talking 'Lax' Saturday Morning - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.