Condors Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Recap; Back at Home Friday
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors struggled through three winless games last week, however, they enjoyed a memorable Teddy Bear Toss Night on Saturday. With a 0-3 week, they now sit at 5-11-1-2 on the season, one point behind Utah for 7th place in the Western Conference.
The Condors have played three games per week in each of the last three weeks, but this weekend will play just two games.
Friday, Nov. 30 vs. Alaska (7 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
Saturday, Dec. 1 at Stockton (7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
San Francisco 4 vs. CONDORS 2
Bakersfield broke out to a 2-1 lead in the second period, but couldn't hold on. San Francisco scored in the closing seconds of the middle frame to tie it, and added two in the third to take the win, including an empty netter. The Bulls went 3-for-4 on the power play.
STOCKTON 6 vs. Condors 3
The Condors received goals from D Francis Meilleur, F Alex Hudson and D Olivier Dame-Malka, to give them a 3-2 lead in the second period in Stockton. But the Thunder scored two goals late in the second and two goals in the third to cruise to a 6-3 victory. G Brian Stewart made 44 saves, and topped his own ECHL single period save mark with 25 in the middle period.
Ontario 7 vs. CONDORS 3
Bakersfield opened up the scoring with the Teddy Bear Toss goal just 1:13 into the game, from Evan Trupp, sending a season-high crowd of 8,388 into a stuffed animal-tossing frenzy. They opened up a 3-1 lead later in the period, but surrendered six consecutive tallies by the Reign to fall 7-3. Ontario's rally included four goals from C C.J. Stretch. F Zach Cohen and LW Jacob Lagace also scored for the Condors.
NOTES: Saturday's crowd of 8,388 was the largest of the season for Bakersfield, and the 9th largest crowd in Condors history.Evan Trupp's goal 1:13 into the game Saturday was the fastest Teddy Bear Toss goal in team history.Trupp's goal was the fastest to start a game for Bakersfield since Jesse Gimblett scored :32 into a game on Dec. 21. The Condors held leads of 2-1, 3-2 and 3-1, respectively, in their three games last week, but lost all three. Bakersfield fans chucked 7,639 stuffed animals onto the ice during Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday. It's less than 400 from the team record, and the second largest total in team history.The Condors surpassed 80,000 all-time in 14 Teddy Bear Tosses in team history. F Evan Trupp's TBT goal on Saturday was his first of the season. The drought was the longest of his pro career.7 of 8 D Tyson Gimblett fights have been on home ice. He is tied for the league lead in major penalties. The Condors have outscored their opponents 17-15 in the first period this season, but have been outscored 59 to 30 in the 2nd and 3rd periods, combined. LEAGUE LEADERS:
D Tyson Gimblett is 4th in the ECHL (and 1st among defensemen) with 76 penalty minutes. He is also tied for 1st with eight major penalties (all fighting majors). F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with four shootout goals.G Scott Greenham leads the league lead with three shootout wins and is 4th with a .929 shootout save percentage.D Trevor Hendrikx is 3rd among defensemen with 57 PIMD Olivier Dame-Malka is tied for the league lead among defensemen with three power play goals. He is also 3rd among d-men with 51 shots. The Condors rank 8th in the league in attendance at 4,962.
Points - C Levi Nelson (14)
Goals - three players with (5)
Assists - C Levi Nelson (9)
PIM - D Tyson Gimblett (76)
+/- - C Robby Dee (+1)
Wins - G Scott Greenham (3)
GAA - G Scott Greenham (3.70)
Sv % - G Brian Stewart (.897)
Kevin Harvick Poster Giveaway Friday Night
The Condors host the Alaska Aces Friday night for Kevin Harvick Poster Giveaway, sponsored by KUZZ 107.9 and Budweiser. The first 2,000 fans 5 & older will get a poster of the Condorstown native, and one lucky fan will win a framed poster signed by Harvick.
The Condors will head out for a jaunt to Stockton Saturday night with a 7:30 game against the Thunder. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One.
SAVE MONEY ON BOX OFFICE PRICES
G et your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets. Check out the plan to fit your needs by clicking here or calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2012
- Hamilton Bulldogs Recall Stefan Chaput - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Collect 7,639 Bears Benefiting United Way - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Recap; Back at Home Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly: Thunder Tied for Top Home Win Percentage in ECHL - Stockton Thunder
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Home Stand Continues Friday, Saturday with San Francisco - Utah Grizzlies
- Stefan Della Rovere Assigned to Evansville - Evansville IceMen
- Blain Recalled by AHL's Wolves - Idaho Steelheads
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Road Warriors Take to the Ice on Main - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Schneider Heads to Kalamazoo, Archibald Heads to Chicago - Kalamazoo Wings
- Bulls extend winning streak to four games - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Schiestel Recalled to Rochester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Florida Everblades Weekly Recap - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Go Green this Weekend against Reading and Gwinnett - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.