Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors dropped a one-goal decision to the first place Alaska Aces on Friday, but bounced back with a win in Stockton on Sunday to earn a 1-1 weekend. They now sit at 6-12-1-2 on the season.
Wednesday, Dec. 5 at San Francisco (7:15 p.m., The Cow Palace)
Friday, Dec. 7 at Ontario (7 p.m. at Citizens Business Bank Arena)
Sunday, Dec. 9 vs. Stockton (5 p.m. at Rabobank Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
Alaska 2 vs. CONDORS 1
The Aces broke a 1-1 tie in the opening minutes of the second period, and held back the Condors to seize a narrow 2-1 victory Friday night in Bak ersfield. F Liam Huculak scored in his return to the Condors lineup (after a three-year hiatus). G Brian Stewart made 39 saves in the hard-luck loss, and surrendered a goal to one of the Aces resident NHLers F Joey Crabb in the process.
Condors 5 vs. STOCKTON 4 (SO)
Bakersfield scored three times on the power play en route to a 4-2 third period lead in Stockton, but the Thunder bounced back to tie it up and force overtime. The Condors went 3-for-3 in the shootout, while G Scott Greenham was also perfect, stopping all three shooters he faced, and Bakersfield took the 5-4 win. F Robby Dee and F Parker Stanfield each had 1g-1a, and Greenham added 36 saves in regulation.
NOTES: G Scott Greenham has been perfect in three of the four shootouts he has participated in this season. He has given up just one goal on 17 shootout attempts.F Parker Stanfield has a three-game point streak, with 1g-3a during the stretch.After being held off the scoresheet nine times in a 10-game stretch from Oct. 28 - Nov. 20, LW Evan Trupp has a point in four consecutive contests. F Liam Huculak had a goal and a fight in his debut with the team Friday night. He also fought Saturday night and has 16 PIM in just two games. Huculak last played with the team in April, 2009. D Olivier Dame-Malka left Saturday's game injured and did not return. LEAGUE LEADERS:
D Tyson Gimblett is 4th in the ECHL (and 1st among defensemen) with eight major penalties (all fighting majors). F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with five shootout goals.G Scott Greenham leads the league lead with four shootout wins and is 4th with a .941 shootout save percentage.D Olivier Dame-Malka is tied for the league lead among defensemen with four power play goals.The Condors rank 5th in the ECHL with a .444 shooting percentage in shootouts.
Points - C Levi Nelson (15)
Goals - Stanfield (6)
Assists - C Levi Nelson, LW Evan Trupp (10)
PIM - D Tyson Gimblett (76)
+/- - F Liam Huculak (E)
Wins - G Scott Greenham (4)
GAA - G Brian Stewart (3.55)
Sv % - G Brian Stewart (.903)
Two road games, then Favorite Football Team Night Sunday
The Condors are on the road Wednesday (at San Francisco, 7:15 p.m.) and Friday (at Ontario, 7 p.m.) against divisional opponents. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One.
They return home to host the Stockton Thunder at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9. That game is Favorite Football Team Night, sponsored by 98.5 The Fox and Aera Energy. Wear a football jersey to the game - NFL, college, or high school - and however many wins that team has this seas on is how many dollars your lower level ticket will cost. (That's a $16 ticket for just $3 if you, for example, wear your Raiders jersey to the game!)
It's also Coat Collection Night, bring a new or gently used coat to donate and get a terrace level ticket for just $1. There is also a free Skate with the Team after the game for all in attendance. Fans may bring their own skates or rent them at the arena.
SAVE MONEY ON BOX OFFICE PRICES
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets. Check out the plan to fit your needs by calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.