Colvin Shines, Smokies Win in 11
Zebulon, NC- Tyler Colvin's third hit of the night was an eleven inning double off the glove of Jai Miller the centerfielder for Carolina. It also pushed the go ahead run to third. Carlos Rojas later in the inning laid down a perfect suicide squeeze bunt scoring Jake Fox. The 2-1 advantage was the only for Tennessee in the game.
Ryan Bear cracked a solo homerun of Tennessee starter Donnie Veal in the second inning. Veal would not allow another run in pitching five innings on the night. He walked four but fanned a season high eleven Mudcats hitters.
Carolina led in the game until the eighth when Colvin three-for-five in the game singled in the tying run with two gone.
Jim Henderson (4-2) was great in relief going two scoreless innings to get the win.
Tennessee and Carolina will continue the series Thursday Night from Five County Stadium. Paul Schappert (2-2) gets the start for the Smokies and Chris Seddon (3-4) goes for Carolina.
The Smokies return to Smokies Park on Saturday June, 30th to take on the Mississippi Braves. Reggie will be on hand to entertain the audience. Tickets are available by calling 286-2300 or visiting smokiesbaseball.com
Southern League Stories from June 27, 2007
- BayBears Win Fourth Straight - Mobile BayBears
- Villa & Schreiber Batter Biscuits - Mississippi Braves
- Colvin Shines, Smokies Win in 11 - Tennessee Smokies
- Villa Evens Series with Biscuits - Mississippi Braves
- Smokies Squeeze By Carolina in 11th - Carolina Mudcats
- Suns Take Sloppy Wednesday Game in Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Five BayBears Named All-Stars - Mobile BayBears
- Four Suns Headed to the Southern League All-Star Game - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Four Mudcats Named To All-Star Team - Carolina Mudcats
- Southern League Announces 2007 South Division All-Star Team - SL
- Three Biscuits Named to All-Star Team - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies Score Four To Southern League All Star Team - Tennessee Smokies
- Biscuits work Braves, 9-5 - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.