Columbus Destroyers Offensive Linemen Will Rabatin and Howard Duncan Earn All-Arena Honors
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus Destroyers center Will Rabatin has been named to the Arena Football League's First Team All-Arena team and offensive lineman Howard Duncan has been named to the AFL's Second Team All-Arena, the club and League announced today.
Rabatin (6-2, 305, Louisville) started in 15 games at center for the Destroyers this season. Last season he was named to the AFL's All-Rookie Team. He is the only player in franchise history to garner All-Arena honors in consecutive seasons.
Duncan (6-4, 300, Oklahoma) started in all 16 games for the Destroyers in 2008. A member of the 2007 National Conference champion Destroyers, he caught five passes for 52 yards this season. He is the only member of the offensive line to start in the team's last 36-consecutive contests.
Rabatin and Duncan join the following Destroyers players who have earned end of the season League honors: Columbus Destroyers quarterback Matt Nagy (2007 Russell Athletic Team Leader Award); defensive lineman Ken Jones (2007 First Team All-Arena); fullback/linebacker Harold Wells and wide receiver/defensive back B.J. Barre (2007 All-Ironman Team); offensive lineman Rabatin (2007 All-Rookie Team); defensive back Jerald Brown (2006 First Team All-Arena and 2006 ADT Defensive Player of the Year); Buffalo Destroyers defensive specialist Dwaine Carpenter (2003 Second Team All-Arena); kicker Steve McLaughlin (2002 Second Team All-Arena).
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 25, 2008
- Blaze pair earn honors - Utah Blaze
- Five 'Cats garner All-Arena honors - San Jose SaberCats
- Thomas Named ADT Defensive Player of the Month - San Jose SaberCats
- New York's Garcia Attempts to Climb Passing Ladder on Russell Athletic ESPN Arena Football Friday - AFL I
- Blaze Recievers Set New AFL Record - Utah Blaze
- Rush Donovan Morgan Named AFL Rookie of the Month - Chicago Rush
- Postseason Drive to Virgin Mobile Arenabowl XXII Begins with Wild Card Weekend - AFL I
- Awards Keep Coming for Soul - Philadelphia Soul
- MacPherson, Kicker Gowins Named AFL Players of the Month - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Robinson, Alfonzo and Harrel Voted to AFL All-Arena Teams - Chicago Rush
- 2008: It Was a Very Good Year - AFL I
- Rampage WR Higgins Makes All-AFL Second Team - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Samuels Honored - Tampa Bay Storm
- Gladiators' Marlion Jackson and Otis Amey Earn All-Arena Honors - Cleveland Gladiators
- Grand Rapids' Gowins Earn Player of the Month Honors - AFL I
- McGill Receives All-Arena Honor - Tampa Bay Storm
- Columbus Destroyers Offensive Linemen Will Rabatin and Howard Duncan Earn All-Arena Honors - Columbus Destroyers
- Seven Soul Players Named to All-Arena Team - Philadelphia Soul
- Three Desperados Named to AFL All-Arena Team - Dallas Desperados
- Philadelphia Places Four on First Team - AFL I
- Soul to Give Tickets to Morrisville Residents as Part of Chris Jackson Day - Philadelphia Soul
- Major Milestones and Records Set During Regular Season - AFL I
- Tiger Jones Named to All-Rookie Team - Georgia Force
- Soul Home Attendance Figure Increases - Philadelphia Soul
- Soul Band & Drumline March The Streets Of Philly - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.