Colome promoted to Columbus
(Trenton, NJ) - The Trenton Thunder, the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, announced that RHP Jesus Colome has been promoted to Columbus (AAA of the International League) and RHP Francisco Butto has been transferred to Trenton.
Colome went 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA in three appearances for Trenton. He was signed by the Yankees to a Minor League contract on April 15, 2006. He appeared in one game with the Devil Rays on April 5 and faced two batters before leaving with stiffness in his shoulder. He was released by Tampa on April 6.
He appeared in 186 games from 2001-06 with the Devil Rays, the fourth-highest total among pitchers in team history. He owns a career record of 11-22 with five saves and a 4.73 ERA. He was originally signed by the Oakland A's as a non-drafted free agent September 29, 1996.
Butto was 0-0 with 0.00 ERA in three appearances for Columbus. He struck out five in four scoreless innings for the Clippers. In 18 games for Trenton during 2006, he went 1-1 with a 2.84 ERA.
Butto was signed by the Yankees as a free agent on December, 18 2005. He split time in 2005 between Clearwater (A) and Reading (AA) in the Philadelphia Phillies organization. He had a 1-2 record with a 3.49 ERA in 17 games with Clearwater. Butto notched a 2-5 record and a 3.65 ERA in 36 games with the Reading Phillies. In 2004, Butto appeared in 36 games, including 14 starts for Clearwater. Butto was originally signed as a non-drafted free agent by Philadelphia (2/9/99).
The Thunder conclude a four-game series with the Connecticut Defenders on Monday night at 7:05 pm at Waterfront Park. Jeff Karstens (3-0) will start for Trenton against Connecticut's Jesse Floyd (1-7). Tickets are available by calling (609) 394-3300 or order on-line at www.trentonthunder.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 26, 2006
- Curve end road trip with win, defeat Aeros 5-3 - Altoona Curve
- Karstens twirls gem in Thunder 3-0 win - Trenton Thunder
- Defenders lose seventh straight by another shutout, 3-0 - Connecticut Defenders
- R-Phils rained out June 26 - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Shut Out In Twinbill - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Tonight's Doubleheader Postponed - Erie SeaWolves
- Moss Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Colome promoted to Columbus - Trenton Thunder
- Clippard named EL Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League announces weekly award winners - EL
- Fisher Cats Town Meeting Tonight - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.