Collop Activated, Santos to Kannapolis
WINSTON-SALEM, NC (MAY 13, 2011) - Today the Dash announced that RHP Justin Collop (sore right shoulder) has been activated from the disabled list. To make room for Collop on the active roster, RHP Orlando Santos has been assigned to low-A Kannapolis.
Collop was placed on the disabled list on April 25, one day after making his first start of the season against the Wilmington Blue Rocks. He took the loss in that outing, allowing seven runs on six hits in three innings. Overall this season, Collop is 0-2 with a 10.38 ERA in four games.
Santos pitched in ten games for the Dash over the first five weeks of the season, compiling a 2-1 record and an ERA of 8.82.
The Dash's roster remains at the Carolina League limit of 25 players.
Tonight Winston-Salem begins a brief road trip with the first of three games against the league-leading Salem Red Sox. First pitch from the Roanoke Valley is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Winston-Salem Dash is the Class-A Advanced minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
Carolina League Stories from May 13, 2011
- Blue Crew's Most Lopsided Win Of Season Ignites Road Trip - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Vizcaino leads Hillcats to 8-1 win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Vizcaino Dominates the Birds - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Dash Trio Deals One-Hitter in 5-0 Shutout - Salem Red Sox
- Santiago and Dash One-Hit Red Sox - Winston-Salem Dash
- O'Shea Paces Keys in 4-2 Win - Frederick Keys
- Keys Clip Kinston 4-2 - Kinston Indians
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- K-Tribe Homestand Starts Tonight - Kinston Indians
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Tribe Talk Is on the Air from Raleigh to the Coast - Kinston Indians
- Matusz to Pitch for Keys May 16th - Frederick Keys
- Collop Activated, Santos to Kannapolis - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.