Cincinnati Cyclones Sign Ferazzoli and Van Vliet
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The 2008 Kelly Cup champion Cincinnati Cyclones announced today that they have signed forwards Chris Ferazzoli and Mark Van Vliet to contracts. The Cyclones are the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators.
Ferazzoli, 28, is in his second professional season having spent last season between four teams in three different leagues. Chris also appeared in seven games with the Cyclones, netting a pair of goals and adding an assist for three points. The bulk of 2007-08 was spent with Indiana of the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) where he collected 22 goals and 43 assists for 65 points. He was the second-leading scorer for the Ice Miners, who were declared the league's champion when the MAHL ceased operations in February 2008.
The five-foot-six, 165 pounder from Floral Park, NY has spent this season with the Jersey Rockhoppers of the Eastern Pro Hockey League (EPHL). Ferazzoli is tied for the league's scoring lead with 24 goals and 41 assists for 65 points in 36 games. Jersey is 22-13-1 and second in the league with that record.
Van Vliet, 24, is in his rookie season having played last season with Neumann College, netting 13 goals and 25 assists for 38 points in 25 games. Mark's 2006-07 campaign was his finest collegiate year, picking up 18 goals and 33 assists for 51 points in 27 games at Neumann. He spent his first two collegiate campaigns at Quinnipiac College, collecting twelve goals and 18 assists for 30 points in 62 games.
The six-foot, 170 pounder from Dorechester, ONT spent this season with the Knoxville Ice Bears (Southern Professional Hockey League). Van Vliet tallied eight goals and eleven assists for 19 points in 48 games.
Ferazzoli and Van Vliet practiced with the team this morning and are expected in the lineup for this weekend's (February 20-21) games at U.S. Bank Arena against Dayton (7:30pm start time both nights).
ECHL Stories from February 18, 2009
- Salmon Kings get Reign-ed On - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Lose Wild One To Bakersfield 6-5 - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Pitch-Forked By Devils, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Condors win fifth straight, beat Utah 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Former Wranglers Sink Las Vegas In Idaho's 4-3 Overtime Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Steelheads beat Wranglers in OT, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Clip Sea Wolves, 3-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Sea Wolves battle back, fall 3-2 on late power play goal by Gwinnet - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Johnson's Two Help Stingrays Down Bombers 4-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Stung By South Carolina 4-1 - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Dominate Royals, Move Into Fourth Place - Trenton Devils
- Condors Alumni vs. West Coast Alumni Roster Announced - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 18 - ECHL
- Cincinnati Cyclones Sign Ferazzoli and Van Vliet - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Tifu Recalled to AHL's River Rats - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Wheeling Nailers Power Hour Cancelled Tomorrow - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers in the NHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Islanders Assign Joel Rechlicz To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- Goaltender Turple Assigned to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Vladimir Nikiforov Returns To Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Nailers Sign Forward - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.