Christian Sady called into U.S. U18 Men's National Team camp
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution Under-18 defender Christian Sady (North Andover, Mass.) is among the 24 players called in by U.S. Under-18 Men's National Team head coach Javier Perez for the team's November training camp, which will be held from Saturday, Nov. 17, to Saturday, Nov. 24, in Carson, Calif.
During the camp, the U18 Men's National Team will play a pair of games against Canada, which are scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 21 and Friday, Nov. 23. Both games will kick off at 12 p.m. ET.
This is Sady's first call-up to camp with the U18s, and he is one of 21 players that are currently part of U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs.
Sady is currently in his fourth season with the Revolution's youth development program. At the conclusion of the 2011-12 season, the defender earned Under-15/16 Eastern Conference Starting XI honors by the Development Academy and trained with the Revolution first team during the summer months.
A former member of the U.S. U15 Boys' National Team from 2009-10, Sady attended U15 training camps in Florida and New Jersey. He was also a member of the U14 Boys' National Team from 2008-09 and attended training camps in Guadelajara, Mexico; Carson City, Calif., and Zarephath, N.J.
For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or follow the team on Twitter at @NERevolution, or on Facebook at facebook.com/NERevolution. For more information about Holiday Packs or any other 2013 ticketing option, including season tickets, visit revolutionsoccer.net/tickets.
U.S. U18 Men's National Team Roster:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Santiago Castaño (New York Red Bulls Academy; Union City, N.J.), Ethan Horvath (Unattached, Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Zackary Steffen (Maryland; Downington, Pa.)
DEFENDERS (6): Michael Amick (De Anza Force; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Suliaman Dainkeh (D.C. United Academy; Reston, Va.), Trevor Haberkorn (Solar Chelsea SC; Roanoke, Texas), Jalen Markey (Seattle Sounders FC Academy; Renton, Wash.), Matthew Miazga (New York Red Bulls Academy; Clifton, N.J.), Christian Sady (New England Revolution Academy; Boston, Mass.)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), Marco Delgado (Chivas USA; Glendora, Calif.), Jacori Hayes (Baltimore Bays Chelsea; Bowie, Md.), Piakai Henkel (Amiens FC; Arcata, Calif.), Brian Iloski (San Diego Surf; Escondido, Calif.), Antonio Murillo (Real Salt Lake AZ, Las Vegas, Nev.)
FORWARDS (9): Jordan Allen (Real Salt Lake AZ; Rochester, N.Y.), Paul Arriola (LA Galaxy Academy; Chula Vista, Calif.), Justin Dhillon (LA Galaxy Academy; Rancho S.M., Calif.), Benjamin Lopez (Real Salt Lake AZ; San Diego, Calif.), Kosta Koukladas (Rot-Weiss Essen; Orange County, Calif.), Amando Moreno (New York Red Bulls Academy; Morganville, N.J.), Zach Pfeffer (Philadelphia Union; Dresher, Pa.), Ben Spencer Jr. (Chivas USA Academy; Albuquerque, N.M.), Travis Wannemuehler (Indiana Fire Academy; Evansville, Ind.)
Major League Soccer Stories from November 15, 2012
- Galaxy Aware of Sounders' Ability to Score in Bunches - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Three Months After Joining Club, Swedish Midfielder Feeling Comfortable in LA - Los Angeles Galaxy
- "Backstage: Galaxy" to Premier Tonight at 5 p.m. on Time Warner Cable SportsNet - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Foundation to help host Thanksgiving dinner for 250 local children on Monday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Plan Ahead for Sunday's Conference Final - Seattle Sounders FC
- Experienced Dorman Returns to Add Veteran Presence - New England Revolution
- Whitecaps FC Announce Technical Staff Changes - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Shuts out ACF Fiorentina 1-0 in Italy - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes, Goalkeeper Jon Busch Donate $8,100 to Navy SEAL Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Assistant Coach John Ellinger Retires from Major League Soccer - FC Dallas
- Federico Higuaín Named Finalist for MLS Newcomer of the Year Award - Columbus Crew SC
- Revs Named Finalist for MLS Xbox Fair Play - New England Revolution
- Dan Kennedy and Ante Jazic Finalists for MLS Awards - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Academy Teams Travel to Arizona - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Announce Preliminary Details for 2013 Preseason - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Whitecaps FC Striker Darren Mattocks Named Finalist for 2012 Rookie of the Year Award - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Academy product/Reston native Suliaman Dainkeh called into U-18 U.S. Men's National Team - D.C. United
- Sporting Kansas City Has Six Finalists for Major League Soccer Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC's Gspurning and Johnson Named Finalists for MLS Year-End Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Forward Thierry Henry Named Finalist for Major League Soccer MVP - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Announces 2012 Awards Finalists - MLS
- D.C. United's Nick DeLeon, Ben Olsen and Chris Pontius Named as Finalists for Year-End MLS Awards - D.C. United
- Fire Defender Austin Berry Named Finalist for 2012 MLS Rookie of the Year Award - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Declines Option on Six Players - Toronto FC
- Revs Re-Sign Andy Dorman - New England Revolution
- Christian Sady called into U.S. U18 Men's National Team camp - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.