Christian Garcia Activated From The Disabled List
(Trenton, NJ)- The Trenton Thunder, Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, have announced that RHP Christian Garcia has been activated from the Disabled List and will start for the Thunder on Wednesday night against the Akron Aeros (Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians).
Garcia has not yet appeared in a game this season. In 2008, Garcia started the season with Tampa and made 10 starts. He had a 4-2 record and a 2.90 ERA. The Miami, Florida native was called up to Trenton and made one regular season appearance for the Thunder. He tossed 5 1/3 innings, and gave up four hits and two earned runs on September 1st against Connecticut. He made one post-season start for the Thunder, and allowed six hits and four runs in four innings. He received a no-decision at Akron (9/10) in the second game of the Eastern League Championship Series. He also appearaed in three games for the GCL Yankees, and was 0-2 with a 14.73 ERA.
Garcia missed the entire 2007 season after recovering from Tommy John Surgery. He was selected in the 3rd round of the 2004 draft out of Gulliver Prep HS in Miami, Florida.
Trenton continues a three-game series against the Akron Aeros (Double-A Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) tonight at Waterfront Park. Garcia (0-0, 0.00) will start for the Thunder against Akron RHP Hector Rondon (5-1, 1.95). Game time is set for 7:05 pm. To purchase tickets call 609-394-3300 or order online at www.trentonthunder.com
Eastern League Stories from May 20, 2009
- Baysox Best Curve On Wild Night In Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Missed Chances Doom Aeros in 5-1 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve collapse in 8-7 loss - Altoona Curve
- Trenton beats Akron 5-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Sanchez Roughed Up, B-Mets Fall 6-3 - Binghamton Mets
- Defenders Win 6-3/Series 1-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Dopirak rips two-run double in 7-2 loss to Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs get even - Portland Sea Dogs
- Trenton to play DH at Binghamton - Trenton Thunder
- Thunder Extend Radio Coverage - Trenton Thunder
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Hit A Home Run With A New Career - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Beat Erie 11-5 - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Figure Out Wieters - Bowie Baysox
- Christian Garcia Activated From The Disabled List - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Harrisburg Senators - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.