CHL 2012-13 All-CHL Team Announced
March 18, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (March 18, 2013) - The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today the six member All-CHL Team for the 2012-13 season, selected through balloting of all CHL head coaches. This year's team is comprised of forwards A.J. Gale of Denver, Mickey Lang of Quad City and Sebastien Thinel of Missouri. They are joined by defensemen Tyler Ludwig of Allen and Kevin Young of Wichita with goaltender Aaron Dell of Allen.
2012-2013 All-CHL Team
F: A.J. Gale, Denver Cutthroats
F: Mickey Lang, Quad City Mallards
F: Sebastien Thinel, Missouri Mavericks
D: Tyler Ludwig, Allen Americans
D: Kevin Young, Wichita Thunder
G: Aaron Dell, Allen Americans
A.J. Gale, Forward (Denver Cutthroats):
Gale appeared on nine of the 10 coaches' ballots, the most of any player on the All-CHL Team. He leads the league in goals with 41 and is tied for fourth in scoring with 78 points. The Nanaimo, British Columbia native has had nine multiple goal games and is finishing strong with 10 goals in the month of March. Gale is also a finalist for the league's Most Valuable Player Award and during the season earned a call-up to the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters.
Mickey Lang, Forward (Quad City Mallards):
Lang has been an offensive force for the Flock all season long ranking second in the CHL with 38 goals and tied for fourth in points with 78. The Hillsdale, New Jersey native leads the league with nine game winning goals and is tops with six shorthanded goals. Lang was the Player of the Month in January and currently leads the season-long standings for the Three Stars Player of the Year Award. The forward is one of five finalists for the league's Most Valuable Player Award.
Sebastien Thinel, Forward (Missouri Mavericks):
Thinel is a two-time winner of the league's scoring championship and with 89 points this season, appears to be ready to claim the scoring crown for a third time. The St. Jerome, Quebec native has 27 goals and a league-high 62 helpers and in December claimed the Player of the Month Award (nine goals and 20 assists in the month). Thinel is also a finalist for the CHL Most Valuable Player Award.
Tyler Ludwig, Defenseman (Allen Americans):
Ludwig is second on his team in scoring and has been a huge part of the Americans run to the top in the Berry Conference this season. His 50 points (10-40=50) are second among all defensemen in scoring and he is third among d-men with seven PP goals and first among all players with 28 PP assists. Ludwig is a finalist for the CHL Most Outstanding Defenseman Award.
Kevin Young, Defenseman (Wichita Thunder):
Young leads all defensemen in scoring with 52 points (20-32=52) and is tops with 20 goals (tied for first with 10 power play goals). The White Rock, British Columbia native had back-to-back 13-point months earlier in the season (Nov/Dec) and is a finalist for the CHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman Award.
Aaron Dell, Goaltender (Allen Americans):
Dell is a candidate for the CHL's Most Valuable Player Award and the CHL Goaltender of the Year Award and has already been named the goalie for the CHL All-Rookie Team. The first-year player leads all goalies with a 2.27 goals against average and is second with a .919 save percentage. His 20 wins are fourth in the league and he has twice been named the CHL Goaltender of the Week and was the CHL Goaltender of the Month for November.
The CHL Man of the Year will be announced on Tuesday, March 19 with the finalists being Bloomington's Jon Booras, Missouri's David Simoes, Rapid City's Scott Wray, Tulsa's Gary Steffes and Wichita's Travis Wight.
2012-13 CHL Awards that have already been announced are:
CHL Athletic Trainer of the Year - Vince Fedorowich, Arizona Sundogs
CHL Gunner Garrett Equipment Manager of the Year - Romeo Vivit, Rapid City Rush
CHL All-Rookie Team - Aaron Dell (ALN), Greger Hanson (WIC), Mike Hellyer (QDC), Matt McCready (ARZ), Sy Nutkevitch (FTW) and Daniel Spivak (FTW)
Central Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2013
- Shots from the Point for March 18, 2013 - CHL
- McCready Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Cutthroats Weekly Update - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Fort Worth's Austin Mayer Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Austin Mayer Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Have Two Players Named to the All-CHL Team - Allen Americans
- Young Selected to All-CHL Team - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks' Forward Sebastien Thinel Named to All-CHL Team - Missouri Mavericks
- Lang Named to All-CHL Team - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 All-CHL Team Announced - CHL
- Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman Suspended One Game - Missouri Mavericks
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Aaron Dell Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Allen Americans
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Hanson Selected to CHL Al-Rookie Team - Wichita Thunder
- Hellyer Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Quad City Mallards
- Nutkevitch, Spivak Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Fort Worth Brahmas
- CHL 2012-13 All-Rookie Team Announced - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.