Chivas USA Youth Academy Returns to Bell Gardens
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, April 5, 2013) - Chivas USA announced today that its Youth Academy will return to the city of Bell Gardens beginning on April 15. The return to John Anson Ford Park - located in the city of Bell Gardens at 8000 Park Lane 90201 - will include Chivas USA's Under-13, U-14, U-15, U-16 and U-18 teams.
"By moving back to Bell Gardens we-ll have our youth teams play in a centrally located area in Southern California and we-ll be located closer to our first team," said Sacha van der Most, Chivas USA Youth Academy Director of Soccer. "For our community members, we will add coaching and parent education programming and will have additional training programs for players U-5 to U-12 as well.
"While our USSDA Academy teams will be moving to Bell Gardens, we are happy to announce that we are keeping our U-5 to U-12 teams and programming at Veterans Park in Pomona. We will continue to work with the city staff and community leaders in growing our programs in that area. Our footprint in Southern California continues to expand and this is just one more step in a positive direction," added Van der Most.
"We're thrilled to have the Chivas USA Youth Academy program return to the city of Bell Gardens," said Mayor Pedro Aceituno. "Having quality and professional organizations, such as Chivas USA, make the Bell Gardens Sports Center their home, is exactly the vision we had when we built one of the best sports parks in the region."
The Youth Academy's objective is to identify talented young soccer players and provide them with a comprehensive development plan, ensuring maximum growth and improvement. For more information about Chivas USA's Youth Academy, click here .
Chivas USA currently sits in second place in the Western Conference and has this weekend off from MLS competition. The Rojiblancos return to league play on April 13 and look to extend their unbeaten streak to five when they host conference rival the Colorado Rapids at The Home Depot Center starting at 7:30 p.m. (PT). The match can be heard in Spanish on W Radio 690 AM. For more information please visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa .
Major League Soccer Stories from April 5, 2013
- Arena Says Juninho Is "Doing Fine" After Injury - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Youth Academy Returns to Bell Gardens - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Defender Aron Mkungilwa with Canada U17 - Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA Routs Cal FC, 5-1, in Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting Club and U.S. Soccer to Study Kansas City, Kan. for National Training and Coaching Developm - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Match Preview: Crew vs. Union - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Midfielder Alex Dixon Loaned to Tampa Bay Rowdies - Houston Dynamo
- RSL Set for 2nd Leg of Rocky Mountain Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Youth Academy Join US Soccer Development Academy to Announce Academy Coaching Hir - Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Club Launches the Victory Project to Help Children with Cancer in KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Black & Gold by the Numbers: April 5 - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.