Chivas USA Introduces a Renewed Rebaño Angelino
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, March 1, 2013) - In a brunch, meet-and-greet Media Day event, Chivas USA Sporting President Dennis te Kloese today introduced a renewed Rojiblancos squad to members of the media at The Home Depot Center's Tennis Pavilion located in Carson, Calif.
The official presentation included the newly-appointed shepherd of the Rebaño Angelino, Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "Chelis," his coaching staff, the club's 27-man roster and a number of the Red-and-White organization's officials, including Chivas USA Club President, Jose David; Director of Media and Communications, Eugenia Valdez, and Jose Luis "El Guero" Real, Director of Sporting Development. The event also included the unveiling of the club's new away jersey.
"It is a privilege to be here," said Te Kloese. "Chivas USA is in a good moment, and we are happy to be supported by the brand Chivas that allows us to have high expectations. We are going to begin to implement new things, and because of that, I think it is a good moment."
David also shared his thoughts with members of the media and expressed, "Our priority, since I have been here, has been to always better ourselves in every aspect," David said. "And as a result, I feel very fortunate to have this team on the pitch and the entire team around Chivas USA. We are all working for the team and we will proceed with the project and not disappoint the fans."
Making one of his frequent trips to get a first-hand overview and update of the Rebaño Angelino, Real also addressed those in attendance, saying, "It is a pleasure to be here and we are excited because a new season is upon us. One that is completely different from the previous ones because we are united and hopeful of what Chivas USA is capable of. And it is up to us, in each of our roles, to make it better.
"Without a doubt, with the quality of our players, the quality of our coaching staff and all of us who have a responsibility to the fans, rest assure that we will do everything possible to demonstrate what we want to be and that we are aware that we must give them a different result than what they have received up to now," Real said.
Rounding out the media day event, Sanchez Sola, who will make his MLS debut in Saturday-s night match added, "I want to thank Mr. Jorge Vergara and Mrs. Angelica Fuentes, Jose David, Dennis te Kloese and Jose Luis Real for the opportunity they have given me. My huge commitment is to please the fans, bring a style of soccer that pleases them, and that they can feel. For this, I want to thank all the players because thanks to them, I am allowed to do my job.
"For me, soccer is entertainment and I cannot distance myself from the social aspect and impact the sport has among the people," said Sanchez Sola. "The fans want to enjoy themselves watching soccer as something fun. All of us at Chivas USA are going to propose that - entertain, and hopefully within that entertainment, we can come away with three points after every match."
Chivas USA player roster and coaching staff is as follows:
Goalkeepers: Dan Kennedy (captain), Tim Melia and Patrick McLain.
Defenders: Bobby Burling, Carlos Borja, Daniel Antunez, Joaquin Velazquez, Mario de Luna, Steven Purdy Ramos and Walter Vilchez.
Midfielders: Carlos Alvarez, Edgar Mejia, Emilio Orozco, Eric Avila, Giovani Casillas, Jorge Villafaña, Josue Soto, Laurent Courtois, Marky Delgado, Marvin Iraheta, Miller Bolaños and Oswaldo Minda.
Forwards: Jose Correa, Jose Manuel Rivera, Juan Agudelo, Julio Morales y Tristan Bowen.
Coaching Staff: Head Coach, Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "Chelis"; Assistant Coaches, Walter Fleita, Osvaldo Scansetti and Isidro Sanchez Macip; Goalkeeper Coach, Daniel Gonzalez; Director of Soccer Operations, Kevin Esparza; Team Administrator, Manuel Tejeda; Head Trainer, Jose Sanchez Uribe; Assistant Trainer, Ricky Martinez; Massage Therapist, Miguel Torres; Equipment Manager, Jose Vargas; Equipment Manager Assistants, Hector Perez, Daniel Alvarez and Alejandro Caparelli, and Sports Medical Coordinator, Sean Cupiec.
Chivas USA will kick off its ninth season when it hosts the Columbus Crew at The Home Depot Center as part of MLS' March to Soccer this Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. (PT). Tickets are now available. For more information please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 (1-877-244-8271) or visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa .
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2013
- LA Galaxy ready to open the 2013 season on Sunday at The Home Depot Center - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Introduces a Renewed Rebaño Angelino - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Galaxy Players to Receive Their Championship Rings on Sunday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Dynamo Open 2013 Season on Saturday vs. D.C. United at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Philadelphia Union Sign Anding, Fernandes and Konopka - Philadelphia Union
- Earthquakes Team with T-Mobile for Second Straight Season to Create "T-Mobile 4G Power Zone" - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Opens Season on Saturday at Philadelphia - Sporting Kansas City
- Cordell Cato Traded to San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Sign Two Rookies, Acquire Cordell Cato from Seattle Sounders FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Team up with Supporters Groups for Season Opener Watch Parties - New England Revolution
- As Rest of MLS Opens, Revs Continue Preseason Prep - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Sign Defenders Mike Chabala, Anthony Arena - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL at San Jose Earthquakes - Sunday, March 3 - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Midfielder Peter Luccin Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - FC Dallas
- D.C. United, Beach FC and Adidas Reach Regional Affiliate Agreement - D.C. United
- Impact Set to Kick off the 2013 Regular Season this Saturday at 10:30pm in Seattle - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Sign Cameroonian Midfielder Yazid Atouba - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Signs Darel Russell - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Signs Morgan, Bennett, and Osorio - Toronto FC
- Revolution Signs Gabe Latigue - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Signs Welsh International Earnshaw - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Forward Chandler Hoffman - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo Re-Sign Forward Brian Ching - Houston Dynamo
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines D.C. United's Dwayne De Rosario - MLS
- LA Galaxy to Unveil New Multiuse Sport Court at Boys and Girls Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Know Style Change Is Needed as They Prepare for Life without David Beckham - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.