Chiles' Torrid Tear Continues, Sockers Beat Tacoma 15-5 for 42nd Straight
TACOMA, WA--Back-to-back Professional Arena Soccer League MVP Kraig Chiles is well on his way to a third straight honor after turning the PASL into his personal playground. Chiles scored six goals, running his torrid scoring streak to 20 goals in three games, as the Sockers (5-0) pulled away from the Tacoma Stars for a 15-5 victory at the newly minted Pacific Sports Center in Tacoma. The victory was the 42nd straight for the Sockers, extending their U.S. professional team sports all-time record.
After conceding the game's first goal, the Sockers roared back for a 3-1 lead after fifteen minutes behind a goal by Brian Farber (hat trick, two assists), and two from Chiles. The Stars twice tallied to narrow the lead to one goal in the second quarter, but San Diego rolled out three goals in the final 2:40 of the half to extend their lead to 7-3 at the break. Defender John Krause jump-started the Sockers offensively in the second half, netting his first career PASL hat trick for San Diego. Chiles took over late, potting a pair of goals in a 5-0 San Diego fourth quarter.
Already the PASL's career goals leader, Chiles is on pace to obliterate his single-season record of 46 goals in 15 games, having already buried 25 tallies in five contests. In the hottest stretch of his career the former SDSU star has scored six, eight and six goals in his last three games. Chiky Luna added three assists to help the Sockers' offense, which is averaging 14.75 goals per game. Raphael Cox had two goals to lead Tacoma (1-2).
The Sockers return to action next Saturday when they travel to Arizona to take on Real Phoenix. They next return home on December 15th to host the Stars.
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from December 1, 2012
- Chiles' Torrid Tear Continues, Sockers Beat Tacoma 15-5 for 42nd Straight - San Diego Sockers
- Dallas Sidekicks remain undefeated at 4-0, two hat tricks scored in 10-3 win at Texas Strikers - Dallas Sidekicks
- Dallas Sidekicks 4-0 on season, two hat tricks scored in 10-3 win at Texas Strikers - Dallas Sidekicks
- San Diego Sockers Game Notes - San Diego Sockers
- Dallas Sidekicks remain undefeated with 7-3 win over Rio Grande Valley - Dallas Sidekicks
- Bolts Fall 13-12 to Turlock in Overtime Thriller - Anaheim Bolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.