Chiefs acquire Adams from Florida
Johnstown, PA (September 18, 2006) - The Johnstown Chiefs today announced that they have acquired the rights to defenseman John Adams from the Florida Everblades in exchange for the rights to defenseman Brett Peterson.
Adams, selected in the third round (82nd overall) by the Buffalo Sabres in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, recently signed an AHL contract with the Springfield Falcons. The Wayzata, Minn.-native appeared in 42 regular season games and two Kelly Cup Playoff games with Florida in 2005-06, scoring 15 points (1g, 14a). In five games with Springfield last season, Adams recorded six penalty minutes. The 6-2, 193-pound Adams also appeared in five games with the Grand Rapids Griffins and three games with the Cleveland Barons. He is currently attending training camp with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Johnstown Chiefs, "AA" affiliate of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, begin their 19th season as a member of the ECHL on October 21, 2006 at the Cambria County War Memorial in downtown Johnstown against the Pensacola Ice Pilots. Season tickets are currently on sale and may be purchased by calling (814) 539-1799 or 1 (800) SLAPSHOT.
ECHL Stories from September 19, 2006
- Hope returns to Anchorage - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers agree to terms with goalie McKenna - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Salmon Kings select second round NHL draft pick - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce Training Camp Schedule - Toledo Walleye
- Bakersfield To Host ECHL Officials Preseason Training Camp - Bakersfield Condors
- Reading To Host ECHL On-Ice Officials Training Camp - Reading Royals
- ECHL Officials Hold Preseason Training Camps - ECHL
- Chiefs acquire Adams from Florida - Johnstown Chiefs
- Condors Job Fair September 21 - Bakersfield Condors
- 'Blades acquire Peterson from Johnstown - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Re-Sign Sean Collins - Wheeling Nailers
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Now - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.