Chicago Slaughter Return to CIFL
October 18, 2013 - Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) News Release
CHICAGO, IL - The CIFL is proud to announce the return of the Chicago Slaughter for the 2014 season. The Slaughter, who has amassed a 62-38 record over seven consecutive seasons of play will return to league where it all started for them in 2007. The Slaughter had major success in their three years of play in the CIFL going 9-3, 8-4 and 14-0 on their way to a CIFL Championship in 2009.
"The Slaughter has been on our radar since acquiring the CIFL in 2012," said League Co-Owner Jim O'Brien, "It's great to have a team with their tenure and competitiveness back in the CIFL." The CIFL, who released their 2014 Regular Season schedule just over a week ago have re-released the schedule today.
"Re-writing the schedule for all the right reasons is a good thing," said League Co-Owner Rob Licht, "Essentially we were able to maintain the integrity of the existing schedule's home arena dates while reducing the travel costs for many teams as well."
With the Slaughter's return to the CIFL they become one of three current teams to have put together an undefeated season on their way to a championship. The Saginaw Sting succeeded in doing so in 2012 and the defending 2013 CIFL Champion Erie Explosion ran the table last year.
"We set out to make the CIFL the most competitive league in the country," said League Co-Owner Stuart Schweigert, "The Slaughter certainly help us continue down that path."
The CIFL, entering its 9th consecutive year of indoor football (the longest running indoor league in the U.S.) can now also stake claim to being the second largest league in the U.S. with 10 teams (the AFL currently has 13 teams).
For all things Slaughter football visit www.chicagoslaughter.com.
Continental Indoor Football League Stories from October 18, 2013
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.