Chicago Fire Sign Goalkeeper Alec Kann
CHICAGO, Ill. (March 19, 2013) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced Tuesday that the club has signed USL-PRO goalkeeper Alec Kann. Per league and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We're pleased to add Alec to our roster," said Fire President of Soccer Operations Javier Leon. "We had the opportunity to observe Alec's game for the past two seasons and he is a solid addition to our goalkeeping corps."
Kann joins the Fire from USL-PRO side Charleston Battery where he spent the 2012 season. A four-year standout at Furman University, Kann, a native of Decatur, Ga., compiled a 37-16-10 record, 18 shutouts and a 1.00 goals against average in 65 starts during his collegiate career. The 6'4" 'keeper earned National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) All-South Region honors, All-Southern Conference honors and NSCAA Scholar All-America accolades in 2011 after guiding the Paladins to a 14-4-4 record and NCAA Tournament berth.
The Fire return to action when they welcome Chivas USA to Toyota Park on Sunday, March 24 at 4:00 p.m. CT live on My50/UniMas and 107.9 La Ley. Tickets for the match are available by calling 888-MLS-Fire or by visiting www.Chicago-Fire.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2013
- LA Galaxy Academy Names Dallas Cup Roster - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire Sign Goalkeeper Alec Kann - Chicago Fire
- Bruce Arena Has Options to Fill Voids Left by International Call-Ups - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Re-Signs Goalkeeper Tim Melia - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Dynamo Midfielder Brad Davis Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for Upcoming World Cup Qualifi - Houston Dynamo
- Independent Review Panel Rescinds Fine and Suspension Given to Joaquin Velazquez - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Four FC Dallas Players Currently on International Duty - FC Dallas
- D.C. United's Talon Reigns Supreme at FOX 5's Mascot Madness - D.C. United
- Chivas USA's Red Card Appeal Upheld - MLS
- D.C. United Sends Four to Richmond Kickers - D.C. United
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Robbie Keane Aims to Take Ireland Back to the World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC Waive Midfielder Stinson - Toronto FC
- Red Bulls Sign Forward Peguy Luyindula - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.