Chicago Fire and Quaker Oats Ask Fans to Choose Next Fire Bobblehead
CHICAGO, Ill. (Feb. 26, 2013) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced Tuesday that the club has partnered with iconic jersey sponsor The Quaker Oats Company, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc., to create a campaign that allows fans to Quaker Up(tm) and vote for the Fire player they would like to see immortalized into a bobblehead. The fan-selected bobblehead keepsake will be unveiled and distributed to the first 5,000 supporters at the Chicago Fire vs. Sporting Kansas City match at Toyota Park on Sunday, July 7 at 2:00 p.m. CT (ESPN).
Starting on Tuesday, February 26, Fire supporters have the opportunity to vote to get their favorite player turned into a bobblehead. Every player on the Fire's roster is available for selection.
Voting takes place on www.Chicago-Fire.com and www.facebook.com/chicagofire. Fans may also cast votes on Twitter by sending a tweet to @ChicagoFire with the hashtag #QuakerLastname, using the last name of the chosen Fire player (for example: #QuakerRolfe or #QuakerFriedrich).
Following a week of voting, the Top Five Fire bobblehead vote getters will square off for the chance to be selected as the Quaker Title Day Giveaway for the Sunday, July 7 match. The final round of voting will begin on Tuesday, March 5 and will run through Sunday, March 10.
Chicago Fire Season Tickets and #cf97withdrawals Winter Packs, which give fans the opportunity to witness the Men in Red in action on Opening Night against the New England Revolution on Saturday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m. CT (NBC Sports Network), while donning the four Fire hats and four pairs of Fire gloves, are available by calling 1-888-MLS-FIRE, via Ticketmaster or by heading to the club's official website at www.Chicago-Fire.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2013
- Chivas USA Adds Defenders Velazquez and Vilchez - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Consistency Is Key - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Villarreal, U.S. U-20's Advance to U-20 World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Unveil 2013 Third Kit - Philadelphia Union
- San Jose Earthquakes, Comcast SportsNet to Air 29 Regular Season Games in 2013 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Rapids Partner with 7-Eleven to Create "The Corner 7-Eleven" - Colorado Rapids
- Quebec Players Wandrille Lefevre and Maxim Tissot Join First Team from Academy as Homegrown Players - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Midfielder Gershon Koffie Obtains Permanent Canadian Residency Card, Agrees to Contract - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Chris Wondolowski to Designated Player Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire and Quaker Oats Ask Fans to Choose Next Fire Bobblehead - Chicago Fire
- Rapids and Altitude Announce Broadcast Schedule for 2013 Season - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United signs midfielder Marcos Sánchez on one year loan from Tauro FC - D.C. United
- Guy to Represent Guam in AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Captain Torsten Frings Announces His Retirement - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.