Chiarot Signs with Atlanta Thrashers
The NHL's Atlanta Thrashers have signed Spirit defenseman Ben Chiarot to an entry level contract with the team; the Thrashers drafted Chiarot with the 120th pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Chiarot has tallied 34 points (nine goals, 25 assists) in 61 games this season for the Saginaw Spirit and Sudbury Wolves. The 6-3, 215-pound defenseman has recorded 67 points (19 goals, 48 assists) in 226 career OHL games over four seasons with Guelph (2007-08 to 2009-10), Sudbury (2009-10 to 2010-11) and Saginaw (2010-11). The Hamilton, Ontario, native competed in one game for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League during the 2009-10 campaign.
Spirit fans are invited to The Dow Event Center this weekend to watch Atlanta's Ben Chiarot and the rest of the Saginaw Spirit take on the Erie Otters Friday, March 18 and the Windsor Spitfires Saturday, March 19. Both games start at 7:11 PM.
Catch the Playoff Spirit! The Saginaw Spirit have clinched home ice in the first round of the playoffs and tickets for the first two home games of the first round are on sale now. A full schedule will be released once the opponent is determined but the Spirit will kick off the series at home Friday, March 25 at 7:11 PM! Ticket prices for the first round will remain the same as the regular season! Stay tuned to SaginawSpirit.com for more information regarding playoff tickets as well as potential game dates and opponents.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2011
- Storm Signs Justin Auger - Guelph Storm
- Archibald's Hat-Trick Boosts IceDogs Past Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Disciplinary Action - OHL
- Playoff Tickets on Sale - Kingston Frontenacs
- Chiarot Signs with Atlanta Thrashers - Saginaw Spirit
- IceDogs Playoff Home Game 1 Tickets on Sale Today at 1pm - Niagara IceDogs
- London Knights 2011 Play-Off Ticket Update - London Knights
- Shaw to Sit One - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.