Charge's Kevin Jones Heads to Philippines
Canton Charge F Kevin Jones has opted to accept a buyout and play with the San Miguel Beermen of the ASEAN Basketball League (ABL) in the Philippines.
"We would like to thank Kevin for all of the hard work and dedication he showed over his two seasons here with the Charge," said Cavaliers Director of Development League Operations Mike Gansey. "He is a talented player, great person and we wish him the best of luck in his decision to go play overseas."
Jones was a 2013-14 NBA D-League All-Star with Canton, averaging 16.9 points on .505 shooting with 8.0 rebounds in 30.5 minutes per game. The Charge will retain Jones' player rights in the D-League for the next two seasons.
Canton begins a five-game home stand at the Memorial Civic Center today at 1:00 p.m. versus the Springfield Armor. It's Guns & Hoses Day honoring our local heroes plus dollar dogs presented by Sugardale and postgame autographs presented by FirstEnergy Solutions starting at just $7. For game day promotions and links to live stats and YouTube game streams, head to www.CantonCharge.com. Fans can sign-up to be a Charge Insider for breaking news and exclusive offers at www.CantonCharge.com/insider.
NBA Development League Stories from March 8, 2014
- Tulsa's Comeback Falls Short In Final Seconds - Tulsa 66ers
- Pair of Cavs Assignments Lead Charge to Win - Canton Charge
- Armor Upended in Canton, 118-110 - Springfield Armor
- Heat Sign Liggins to Second 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Reacquire Re'Mon Nelson - Canton Charge
- Charge Acquire Bufrod, Fesenko - Canton Charge
- Charge's Kevin Jones Heads to Philippines - Canton Charge
- Warriors Drop Sevens - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Reno Bighorns Trampled Idaho Stampede - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.