Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions
March 3, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (March 3, 2013) - The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that Wichita Thunder forward Aaron Boogaard and Missouri Mavericks forward Kellan Tochkin have each been suspended for infractions committed in their respective games on Saturday, March 2.
Boogaard has been suspended three (3) games for his Illegal Check to the Head Match Penalty in the Thunder's win over Bloomington on Saturday night. Boogaard was observed to make a check that targeted the opponents head and where the head was the principal point of contact. Boogaard will miss the Thunder's games today (March 3) versus Missouri, Wednesday's game (March 6) at Fort Worth and Friday's game (March 8) versus Denver.
Tochkin has been suspended one (1) game for his Slew Footing incident in Saturday's loss to Allen. Tochkin was observed taking the feet out from underneath an opponent and as a consequence will miss the Mavericks game today (March 3) at Wichita.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2013
- Terry Ruskowski Becomes Member of 400 Win Club - CHL
- Thunder Move into Second Place Tie, Beat Mavs 6-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Lose to Wichita, 6-2 - Missouri Mavericks
- Mallards Drop Fort Worth in Shootout 3-2; Ruskowski Reaches 400 CHL Wins - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Lose to Mallards in Shootout, Earn Point - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.