October 11, 2017 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New York City FC
New York City FC, Mayor's Fund to Advance NYC,
U.S. Soccer Foundation, adidas and Etihad Airways
Celebrate Opening of First 10 NYC Soccer Initiative Soccer Fields
$3 million public-private partnership on track to build 50 "mini-soccer pitches" over five years, and expand afterschool programming to reach 10,000 young people
WHAT: A ribbon cutting ceremony to inaugurate the first of 10 mini-soccer pitches across the City as part of New York City Soccer Initiative, a public-private partnership to build, maintain and program 50 soccer fields in underserved neighborhoods across the five boroughs over the next five years.
Following the ribbon cutting, New York City FC players, Head Coach and Sporting Director will run mini soccer games with local youth before press availability.
Later on in the afternoon, New York City FC and partners will host local soccer festivals at additional New York City Soccer Initiative pitches, one in each of the five boroughs, to officially open up the new fields with a series of youth-led soccer matches.
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 11am
LOCATION: P.S. 083 Luis Munoz Rivera / PS 182 - East Harlem, Manhattan - 219 E 109th St, NY, NY 10029
- Gabrielle Fialkoff, Senior Advisor to the Mayor and Director of the Mayor's Office of Strategic Partnerships and other City Representatives
- Jon Patricof, NYCFC President
- Patrick Vieira, NYCFC Head Coach
- Claudio Reyna, NYCFC Sporting Director
- Select NYCFC players
- Ed Foster-Simeon, U.S. Soccer Foundation President & CEO
- Niels Rossow, General Manager Key Cities, adidas
- TBC, Etihad Airways
Members of the media are asked to RSVP to Amanda Marston at: