Cats Coffee Talk
Cheer for the Year - presented by Via Rail - Rivalry Cup Round 4 and Rio's return:
Come share the excitement as the Wildcats take on the Saint John Sea Dogs in Round Four of the Rivalry Cup. Legends Restaurant will open a 5 for a pre-game snack, Coliseum doors open at 6 for the 7 o'clock start, as we all "Cheer for the Year". Going into tonight's game, the Sea Dogs have 5.5 Rivalry Cup points while the Wildcats have 4.5. The Wildcats team, mascot Wild Willie, fans and corporate sponsors are out to move ahead of the Dogs in the race for the Cup.
Talk about a prize list:
There's a mind boggling prize package which includes 5, count them, 1-2-3-4-5, chances to win $10,000.00 cash during intermission shootouts.
Game sponsor Via Rail is offering 2 fans the chance to win $1,000.00 in travel vouchers.
The 2010th fan to enter the Coliseum will win 2 Wildcats family pack.
We're not finished yet - here's the list of
Cheer for the Year prizes:
- A year's supply of Irving Tissue
- A CAA membership for a year
- McDonalds meal pack for a year
- A guest pass to Crystal Palace for a year
- A YMCA Moncton Youth membership for 2010.
- From Cavendish Farms, a 9 cubic foot Freezer full of Cavendish Farms Assorted potato products.
- Pizza for a Year from Boston Pizza.
- Irving Oil fuel for a year
Hold On - there's more to come:
Our Wild Willie has been "in training" to beat the Sea Dogs Fleaburn in the Mascot Challenge - Willie lost round one by questionable calls in Saint John, so he's determined to get revenge tonight. You might say our Cat is out to chew up a Sea Dog plus:
- Ganong Jelly Bean contest: Guess the number of Jelly Beans in the Jar; win the Jelly Beans and a great gift certificate from the Roar Store.
- There's free face painting, balloon animals and clowns.
- The Initiation Riverview Hornets will play a mini-hockey game in the first intermission.
- Fountain Coke will be on sale for $1.00 when the Cats score their fourth goal.
- The Dieppe Gold Blades figure skaters will be the flag bearers before the game.
Food Drive Challenge:
Bring non-perishable food items and help Moncton take another point from Saint John. The Rivalry Cup rules state the City collecting the most pounds of food will win a point. The Wildcats are counting on our great fans to get this all important point. One fan will win game tickets for the rest of the season.
Last chance to Bid for Art on Ice creation:
Tonight's game sees the conclusion of the Art on Ice program. You'll be able to bid up to the end of the second period on these outstanding creative works by District 2 Community school children. The winner's names will be announced during the third period. Funds raised go to the school's breakfast and art programs.
Reader of Coffee Cup wins tickets: Troy Denton is the latest winner in our Coffee Cup Readers Contest, he won a pair of tickets to tonight's game by correctly identifying Nicola Riopel as last year's MVP in the Q. We'd like you to win, here's today's question: What's the highest number of goals scored by the Wildcats so far this season? Send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight tonight. We'll have the winner's name in next Tuesday's Coffee Cup.
Cat of the Day:
Paws up and congratulations to Les Dames d'Acadie de Moncton, for their recent donation of $5,000.00 to Crossroads for Women. The funds were raised from a benefit dinner - the word is the food was more than delicious - well done ladies.
Quote of the Day:
"Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right" - Oprah Winfrey
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2009
- 'Cats Lose To Seas Dogs In Shootout 4-3 - Moncton Wildcats
- Sea Dogs Earn 4-3 Comeback Win In Moncton - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Maineiacs Acquire Critchlow And Tanguy In Trade - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Olympiques Race Past Maineiacs - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Trade Between Acadie-Bathurst And Lewiston - QMJHL
- Today's Maineiacs Game Scheduled For 2:00 P.M. - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Wildcats Alumni Headed To Olympics - Moncton Wildcats
- Cats Coffee Talk - Moncton Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.