Castro, Sogard Visit Southside Whataburger Friday
CORPUS CHRISTI - Hooks players Erik Castro and Alex Sogard will sign autographs and visit with fans between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the 6241 Saratoga Whataburger location Friday.
Radio station KFTX-FM has scheduled a live remote broadcast.
A portion of Friday's lunch proceeds benefits Goodwill Industries of South Texas. Bring your gently-used clothing items, place in the large fry box and pick up a voucher for a new 2013 Hooks/Goodwill t-shirt and a special offer coupon from Whataburger.
Castro is in his first season with the ball club. He was drafted by Houston in the 10th round of the 2009 draft. The first baseman, who led High-A Lancaster of the California League last season with 108 RBIs while belting 27 home runs, played collegiately at San Diego State.
Sogard is a left-handed relief specialist from North Carolina State. He has three saves in eight appearances over nine innings and has yet to allow an earned run in 2013.
Sogard posted a 3-1 record and 3.86 ERA for the Hooks in 33 appearances during 2012.
Texas League Stories from May 8, 2013
- Wild Pitches Help Tulsa Past Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Drillers Win on Wild Walk-Off - Tulsa Drillers
- Castro, Sogard Visit Southside Whataburger Friday - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Barfield Receives Promotion to Triple-A; Marte to DL - Midland RockHounds
- Rough Night in the Alamo City - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions Offense Explodes for 19 Hits - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.