Carson & Company Lead B-Mets Past Cardinals
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla - Five Binghamton Mets pitchers, led by starter Robert Carson, held the Springfield Cardinals to one run en route to a 3-1 win over the Double-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals today.
Carson, a member of the B-Mets starting rotation for the final two months of last season, tossed five shutout innings in his final start of the spring. The left-hander picked up the win as Binghamton packed all their offense into the third inning, scoring three times on a smattering of singles and walks.
Ricky Brooks, a Rule V Draft selection in December 2010, entered in the sixth and allowed the Cardinals' only run. Rhiner Cruz, Dylan Owen, and Roy Merritt each hurled a shutout frame to put a lid on the win.
Following a camp day tomorrow, the B-Mets (7-4-1) will wrap up their Spring Training schedule on Friday in Port St. Lucie against the Jacksonville Suns, Double-A affiliate of the Florida Marlins.
Eastern League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Carson & Company Lead B-Mets Past Cardinals - Binghamton Mets
- Flying Squirrels Welcome Bypass Lane to the Diamond - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Akron Aeros Introduce "The Screamer" Ice Cream Sundae - Akron RubberDucks
- Flying Squirrels Reveal What's New for 2011 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Stalk the SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.