Captains Return Home for \Seven-Game Home Stand Beginning Tomorrow, May 14
(Eastlake, OH) - The Lake County Captains, the class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, will begin a six-game home stand on Tuesday, May 14, as the Lansing Lugnuts (Blue Jays) and Fort Wayne Tin Caps (Padres) visit Classic Park.
The home stand begins tomorrow evening at 6:30 PM when the Captains welcome Cleveland Browns linebacker Craig Robertson to Classic Park as part of Dawg Night Tuesdays. Throughout the season Dawg Nights feature appearances by former and current Cleveland Browns players. Robertson signed as non-drafted free agent in 2012 out of North Texas University. He appeared in all 16 games during the 2012 season and was second on the team with 93 tackles and third with 62 solo tackles. He will throw out a ceremonial first pitch and be available for autographs before and during the Captains game that night.
Also on Tuesday, the first 500 kids 12 and under in attendance will receive a full-size Webkinz plush dog. This is the third in a series of six different Webkinz dogs that will be given away at Tuesday games throughout the 2013 season.
Wednesday is a special 11 AM start and the Captains will host several local schools who are participating in the Captains Reading Program.
Thursday night is Thirsty Thursday, presented by ESPN 850 WKNR, featuring 25-cent beer Happy Hour for one hour before game time and half-price draft beer and fountain soda until 9 PM. A wing and pizza buffet will also be available outside the Corona Castaways Bar featuring Happy Moose Bar and Grill wing sauces and pizza from Cleveland Pizza Company. Game time is 6:30 PM.
Thursday is also Date Night, which provides couples with the opportunity to purchase two tickets to The Officer's Club Suite and enjoy a buffet dinner, a $56 value, for only $32.
On Friday and Saturday, Classic Park will be decorated for Halloween and kids are encouraged to wear costumes both nights. Captains staff throughout the ballpark will be handing our hundreds of pounds of candy to kids who "trick-or-treat" during the game.
Friday is a 6:30 PM start and the game will be followed by Fireworks Friday Night, presented by Universal Windows Direct.
The Captains Friday Night Concert Series continues as Wild Horses will entertain the crowd with a concert following the fireworks show. Wild Horses is best known for the 1980 hit 'Funky Poodle" which was also featured in the film "You, Me and Dupree". They will perform on stage adjacent to Castaways Bar which will remain open throughout the show. The Captains will feature iconic local bands following every Friday night home game for the remainder of the season.
Saturday is a 6:30 PM start time and the game will be followed by Saturday Night Fireworks Extravaganza, presented by Monreal Funeral Home & Cremation Services.
Sunday is a 1 PM start and is Family Fun Sunday, presented by the Lake County YMCA, featuring a pre-game player autograph session, concourse entertainment and activities, the Kids' Zone area and the opportunity for kids to run the bases after the game. All kids in attendance will receive a Captains activities book and crayons, presented by the YMCA and Lake County Job and Family Services.
Also on Sunday the Captains will host a special post-Mother's Day celebration. For $29 Moms will receive a ticket to the game, a drink ticket that may be used towards a drink of her choice, access to The Officers Club where there will be assorted fruit, cheese and crackers, massages, manicure, pedicures and a rose. Mom's name will also be entered into a raffle to win gift baskets, free massages, haircuts and manicures.
The Captains Annual "Battle of the Robobots" will take place during Sunday's game. Sparks and metal shrapnel will fly from the bots in one-on-one battles of three minutes or less - awarding the last bot standing bragging rights as 'king of the ring.' The Battle will take place in the left field picnic area.
Monday, May 20 is Buck Night, presented by PNC, featuring $1 Five Star Brand Hot Dogs, Dan Dee chips, French fries, popcorn, soda and beer. Also, fans receive a $1 discount on their tickets or $2 off their tickets if they use a PNC Bank debit or credit card. Game time is 6:30 PM.
Monday is also Restaurant Appreciation Night when area restaurants will be saluted and many area restaurant employees will participate in in-game contests. In a role reversal, the restaurant employees will have vendors wait on them in their special section so they do no have to go to the concessions stands.
Individual game tickets for these, and all Captains games, may be purchased at the Captains official website www.CaptainsBaseball.com.
Midwest League Stories from May 13, 2013
- Another Walk-Off from Lewis in Another 3-2 Win - Beloit Snappers
- Ball Hit off Base Gives Beloit Walk-Off Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Battle Back to Beat Dragons, 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Defeat Dayton, Win Sixth Straight - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Blank Great Lakes, 5-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tomorrow - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Pike'd, 4-0 - Clinton LumberKings
- Hawks, Errors Sink Whitecaps - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Kernels Home Stand Preview: May 14-20 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Drop Road Trip Finale - Kane County Cougars
- Ames Leads Hot Rods to Another Education Day Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Homestand Preview: May 14-16 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bowling Green Beats Captains 6-1 - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Shutout in Quad Cities Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- 'Caps Drop Series as Travis Hit Streak Snapped - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons GameDay for May 13 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Players and Mascot to Visit Montgomery County Schools this Week - Dayton Dragons
- Adam Brett Walker Named MWL Player of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Parkview Field to Screen Honor Flight Movie May 27 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cueto Expected to Pitch for Dragons Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Ozzie's Home Run and Walk 5K Set for Saturday - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Return Home for \Seven-Game Home Stand Beginning Tomorrow, May 14 - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.