Canucks Sign Burrows, Rypien
The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, announced they have signed Moose forwards Alex Burrows and Rick Rypien to National Hockey League contracts.
Burrows, 24, has played in all 13 games the Moose have played this season. He is currently tied for the team lead in scoring with three goals and seven assists for 10 points. He has also collected 19 penalty minutes. In 87 career games with Manitoba, the Pincourt, PQ native has scored 12 goals and 24 assists for 36 points and 126 penalty minutes. Burrows has also played in 133 games with the Columbia Inferno of the ECHL in his career, scoring 47 goals and 64 assists for 111 points and 463 penalty minutes.
Rypien, 21, has also appeared in all 13 games for Manitoba thus far this season, scoring two goals and two assists for four points and 32 penalty minutes. In his short pro career, the Coleman, AB native has played in 21 games with the Moose, scoring three goals and three assists for six points and 37 penalty minutes. Rypien was previously captain of the Regina Pats in the Western Hockey League, where he played 179 career games, scoring 47 goals and 67 assists for 114 points and 493 penalty minutes.
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2005
- Usual suspects propel Houston to win - Houston Aeros
- Danis Leads 'Dogs to Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros Squeeze Past Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, 2-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Canucks Sign Burrows, Rypien - Manitoba Moose
- Coleman Headed To Tampa Bay - Springfield Falcons
- AHL suspends Jacques - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL announces suspensions - AHL
- Aeros release D Myrvold - Houston Aeros
- Penguins weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jillson recalled by Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Nickulas returned to P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen lose defenseman, receive left wing - Peoria Rivermen
- Atlanta recalls Berkhoel, Wolves sign Tarkki - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals set macaroni madness - Milwaukee Admirals
- Mike Jarmuth returned to Trenton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa recalls center from Augusta Lynx - Iowa Chops
- AHL weekly release - AHL
- Injury puts damper on Hartford Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions announced - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs scheduled to meet with Binghamton Senators - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs promotions - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lightning reassign Tarnasky and Eklund to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Moose sign Moscevsky to PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Canadiens assign Danis to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens announce TV partnership with UPN-8 - Binghamton Senators
- Houston Aeros game notes - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.