Canucks Recall Rypien from Moose
The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, announced they have recalled centre Rick Rypien from the Moose.
Rypien, 23, appeared in Manitoba's lone game so far this season and recorded two penalty minutes in their 4-2 loss to Grand Rapids on Oct. 11/07. As a result, the Coleman, AB native has now played in 72 career games with the Moose where he's scored 13 goals and 10 assists for 23 points and 164 penalty minutes since signing an amateur tryout contract back on March 22/05. Rypien has also played in 27 career Calder Cup playoff games and has scored a goal and an assist for two points and 62 penalty minutes.
Rypien has also played in seven career games with the Canucks in the last three seasons. He has one goal and nine penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2007
- Sound Tigers Shut Out Norfolk 2-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Americans end record night with 5-4 win over Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage move into first with 2-1 win over Peoria - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers shut out Norfolk 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lambert Gets First Win As Admirals Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Down Aeros In OT 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs get first win in shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Take 3-0 Win Over Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Shut Out by Sound Tigers - Norfolk Admirals
- Houston Aeros open up road portion of the season tonight in Iowa - Houston Aeros
- Moose release two; Assign Coulombe & Rahimi to Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Kings Assign Buckley To Germany - Manchester Monarchs
- Lake Erie Monsters and FSN Ohio complete deal to televise 20 games - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Clayton Barthel - Connecticut Whale
- Bridgeport Wins Season Opener Against Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Columbus Reassigns Starkov and Pohl to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Rypien from Moose - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Stars Make Roster Moves - Iowa Chops
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.