Canucks Assign Hodgson, Lack, & Sweatt to Moose
The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, today announced they have assigned centre Cody Hodgson, goaltender Eddie Lack, and defenceman Lee Sweatt to the Manitoba Moose.
The Canucks also announced they have recalled forwards Alexandre Bolduc and Jeff Tambellini, as well as goaltender Cory Schneider.
Hodgson, 20, has played in 11 Calder Cup playoff games in his career with the Moose. He was assigned to Manitoba following the completion of his junior season with the Brampton Battalion in 2009. In that span, the Markham, ON native scored six points (2g, 4a). Hodgson appeared in 197 games in the OHL with the Battalion in four seasons. During that time, he was named the CHL's Most Outstanding Player and the OHL's Most Valuable Player in 2009 after scoring 92 points in 53 games. That year, he was also the leading scorer for Team Canada who captured gold at the Under-20 IIHF Hockey Championships. In total, Hodgson had 243 points (114g, 129a) in junior. He was originally Vancouver's first round choice, 10th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Lack, 22, is entering his first professional season in North America. The native of Norratje, SWE has spent the past four seasons playing for Leksand and Brynas of the Swedish Elite League.
Sweatt, 25, has previously appeared in 11 AHL games in his pro career with San Antonio in 2006-07. In that span, the Elburn, IL native collected an assist and eight penalty minutes. Last season, Sweatt split his time between Riga Dynamo of the KHL and TPS Turku of the Finnish Elite League. In total, he played in 58 games last year and scored 23 points (11g, 12a) and collected 26 penalty minutes.
The Moose will open their 15th regular season on tonight when they travel to Peoria to face the Rivermen. They will open their home schedule on Friday,Oct. 15th when they take on their division rival, the Grand Rapids Griffins. Gametime that night is 7:30 p.m. On opening night fans will receive a Moose Fridge Magnet Schedule and everyone at the game will be entered into a draw for one of three Hardcore Hockey bar fridges. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the 2010-11 Manitoba Moose player introductions.
Fans can buy tickets to that game and all other individual Moose games at all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 780-3333 or by going online at www.ticketmaster.ca or www.moosehockey.com. Fans can also still purchase season tickets and mini-packs by calling the Moose offices directly at 987-7825 (PUCK).
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2010
- Heat Cool-Off Griffins in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Edges Peoria in Season Opener - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Burst Into 2010-11 Season With Victory Over Adirondack - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Upended by Rampage, 6-3, in 17th Season Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Ground Griffins 3-2 in Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- P-Bruins Fall to Falcons in Home Opener - Providence Bruins
- Chad Johnson Making a Name for Himself - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Announce 2010-11 Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Fall at Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Fall to Lake Erie 3-2 in Season Opener - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack/Whale Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Impressive in Season Opener - Springfield Falcons
- Manitoba Kicks off Season with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Monarchs Release Czarnik - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros Announce Opening Roster - Houston Aeros
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Pirates Set to Kick off 2010-11 Season - Portland Pirates
- Enhanced Arena Experience Awaits Griffins Fans - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks to Wear Original Stars and Stripes Opening Night - Rochester Americans
- Two Time Defending Calder Cup Champions Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- AHL Set to Kick off 75th Anniversary Season - AHL
- Pirates Announce 2010-11 Roster - Portland Pirates
- Canucks Assign Hodgson, Lack, & Sweatt to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Marlies Announce 2010-11 Opening Day Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Sign Clackson to ATO, Reynolds to PTO - Rochester Americans
- Ryan Keller Named B-Sens Captain for the 2010-11 Season - Binghamton Senators
- Pearce Departs for Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joe Dipenta Named 12th Captain in Syracuse Crunch History - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Introduce iPhone App, Internet Toolbar and Digital Magazine - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Sign Four Players to Tryouts - Manchester Monarchs
- Checkers Announce Roster to Open 2010-11 Season - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Announce Opening Night Roster - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Phantoms Roster Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- AHL, PHPA Ratify New Collective Bargaining Agreement - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.