Canadiens Acquire Dustin Tokarski in Exchange for Cedrick Desjardins
MONTREAL, QUE - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the Canadiens have acquired goaltender Dustin Tokarski from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for goaltender Cedrick Desjardins. Tokarski is scheduled to join the Bulldogs at tomorrow's morning skate.
Tokarski, 23, has played 33 games with the Syracuse Crunch this season posting a record of 18 wins, 8 losses and 4 overtime losses along with a 2.46 goals against average and .900 save percentage. During the 2011-2012 regular season, Tokarski played 45 regular season games for the Norfolk Admirals registering 32 wins, 11 losses and 0 overtime losses along with a 2.23 goals against average and .913 save percentage. The native of Humboldt, Saskatchewan helped the Admirals capture the 2012 Calder Cup last season by recording a record of 12 wins and 2 losses, a 1.46 goals against average and a .944 save percentage in 14 playoff games. The 5'11=1B$B!G!G=1B(B, 198-pound netminder suited up in five games for the Tampa Bay Lightning last season and registered a record of 1 win, 3 losses and 1 overtime loss with a 3.44 goals against average and a .879 save percentage. Tokarski played for Norfolk from 2009 through 2012, minding the net in 146 games and posting an 80-56-7 record along with a 2.47 goals against average and a .910 save percentage.
Prior to turning professional, Tokarski played three seasons with the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League compiling a total regular season record of 77 wins, 39 losses and 7 overtime losses with a 2.18 goals against average and a .925 save percentage in 129 games. During the 2008-2009 season, Tokarski recorded the league's best goals against average (1.97) and save percentage (.937). Tokarski also helped lead Team Canada to a Gold Medal during the 2009 Under-20 World Junior Championship. In 2007-2008, Tokarski led the Spokane Chiefs to a Memorial Cup Championship while being named the Memorial Cup Most Outstanding Goaltender as well as capturing the Stafford Smythe Trophy as the tournament's Most Valuable Player. Tokarski was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the fifth round, 122nd overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Desjardins had been a member of the Montreal Canadiens organization from 2006 to 2010 before returning to the Canadiens on July 1st, 2012 as a free agent. In 2012-2013 with the Bulldogs, Desjardins had a record of 7 wins, 13 losses and 2 overtime losses with a 2.94 goals against average.
The Bulldogs' next game is against the Hershey Bears at Copps Coliseum on Friday, February 15th at 7:30 p.m. The game will air on Cable 14. The game will air on Cable 14. All 'Dogs games will be broadcast on Hamilton's Funny 820 (AM 820). Fans can also listen to and watch all 'Dogs games on www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. Live coverage with the broadcast team of Play-By-Play Announcer Derek Wills (all home and away games) and Colour Commentator Al Craig (all home and select away games) will begin with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
For more information on how to join the Hamilton Bulldogs' team by becoming a season ticket holder, or for more information on Pioneer Flex Pack tickets or group tickets, call 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. 'Dogs single-game tickets are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX.
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2013
- Checkers Top Chicago in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Family Weekend Full of Giveaways at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Release Rollheiser from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Assign Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Brendan Mikkelson to Syracuse for Conditioning - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Welcome Rampage for Back-To-Back Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Acquire Defenseman Zach Miskovic from Chicago Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Trade Miskovic to San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Assign Charlie Coyle And Matt Kassian - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Announce Face-Off against Kids Cancer Event at Magik Theatre - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens to Host Fourth Annual Hockey & Heels Event - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Returns Jamie Oleksiak to Texas - Texas Stars
- Big Weekend on and off the Ice for the Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Sign Forward Brayden Irwin to New PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- February 14 Weekend Preview vs Peoria, Rockford, Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Button Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Forward Louie Caporusso Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Buddy the Puffin to Greet Fans at IceCaps Alley - St. John's IceCaps
- Flames Recall Roman Horak From Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Acquire Goaltender Cedrick Desjardins From Montreal - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Acquire Dustin Tokarski in Exchange for Cedrick Desjardins - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceCaps, Purolator Feed Those in Need with 3,500 Pounds of Food - St. John's IceCaps
- Nestrasil Rejoins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceCaps Discuss Future Plans with Corporate Partners - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.