CALGARY HITMEN Giants 4 Hitmen 1
Langley, BC - Ty Ronning scored twice including once into an empty net to lead the Vancouver Giants past the Calgary Hitmen 4-1 on Wednesday night at the Langley Events Centre.
Davis Koch and Tyler Popowich rounded out the scoring for the home side who built period leads of 1-0 and 3-0.
Goaltender David Tendeck made 27 saves in a first star performance helping Vancouver end a four game winless streak.
Jakob Stukel tallied the lone goal for the Hitmen, his team-leading 24th of the season. Stukel has now scored in three consecutive games.
Both teams went 0-4 on the power play.
Calgary's seven-game road trip resumes Friday, Feb. 2, with a rematch in Langley against the Giants before heading to Kamloops (Feb. 3), Red Deer (Feb. 7) and Medicine Hat (Feb. 9). The Hitmen will then return home to the Scotiabank Saddledome for a rematch with the Tigers on Sunday, Feb. 11. Puck drop is 2:00 p.m. for the Co-op Family Game. There will be face painters, concourse activities, lots of giveaways and a post-game family skate that is FREE with a game ticket.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2018
- RECAP: Portland 3 - Everett 0 - Everett Silvertips
- GIANTS WRAP UP JANUARY WITH 4-1 HOME VICTORY AGAINST CALGARY - Vancouver Giants
- GAUTHIER STOPS FIFTY-SIX IN LOSS TO REGINA (Regina 4 Cougars 1) - Prince George Cougars
- ROYALS DEFEATED BY AMERICANS - Victoria Royals
- CALGARY HITMEN Giants 4 Hitmen 1 - Calgary Hitmen
- Recap: Regina Pats (4) vs Prince George Cougars (1) - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.