C Julio Rodriguez Transferred; LHP Dobies to DL
SPRINGDALE, AR - The Naturals' parent club, the Kansas City Royals announced two transactions on Thursday afternoon affecting the Northwest Arkansas roster. Catcher Julio Rodriguez has been transferred from the Idaho Falls roster to the Naturals.
Rodriguez will make his Double-A debut this season with the Naturals after splitting last season between Class-A Advanced Lakeland (Detroit Tigers), and Class-A Advanced Wilmington. He was acquired by the Royals from the Tigers along with left-hander Antonio Cruz in exchange for infielder Wilson Betemit last July 21st. The 22-year old Dominican-born backstop hit a combined .268 with two home runs and 35 RBI last season.
To make room on the roster, left-handed reliever Andrew Dobies has been placed on the seven-day disabled list retroactive to April 17th. Dobies last appeared in relief for the Naturals on April 16 against San Antonio. The 29-year old resident of Cranberry Township, PA worked two innings allowing four hits and three earned runs, while striking out two.
Rodriguez will wear number 21 for the Naturals. After the moves, the Naturals' roster remains at the Texas League limit of 25 active players.
Texas League Stories from April 19, 2012
- Late Rally Gives Travs Comeback Win - Arkansas Travelers
- 'Riders Blow Away Hooks, Win Ninth Game - Frisco RoughRiders
- Missions Fall To Midland 4-1 - San Antonio Missions
- Travelers Walk off on Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cardinals Shutout Drillers 6-0 - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Drop Opener in Springfield - Tulsa Drillers
- Game Notes, April 19 Vs. Frisco - Corpus Christi Hooks
- C Julio Rodriguez Transferred; LHP Dobies to DL - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Back Home Monday - Tulsa Drillers
- Only 10 More Promo Club Memberships Left - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.