Bulls Earn Point in Wild Overtime Loss in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, NV - The San Francisco Bulls extended their point streak to five games (4-0-1-0) in a wild 6-5 overtime loss to the Las Vegas Wranglers, Thursday night at the Orleans Arena. The Bulls needed a late-goal from Sacha Guimond, with just 29 seconds remaining and the goalie pulled to extend the game into overtime. Dean Ouellet extended his team lead in goals to 12, with a pair of tallies. With the point, the Bulls jump into a tie for fifth place in the Western Conference with the Colorado Eagles.
The Bulls scored the first goal of the game at 2:27 of the first period when Daniil Tarasov wristed a shot past Mitch O'Keefe from the top of the right circle. Mikael Tam and Andrew Crescenzi added an assist on Tarasov's first professional goal. Las Vegas responded exactly ten minutes later on the power play as Adam Hughesman one-timed a shot past Thomas Heemskerk. Hughesman's fifth goal of the season was assisted by Judd Blackwater and Mike Madill.
Las Vegas took a 2-1 lead, just 17 seconds into the second period on the power play with Jordan Morrison in the penalty box for cross-checking. Blackwater picked up his second point of the night on his fifth goal of the season, assisted by Charlie Cook. The Bulls had an answer as they continue to remain red-hot on the power play. Ouellet scored his 11th goal of the season, assisted by Crescenzi and Tarasov with 7:41 remaining in the second period. After penalties to Scott Langdon and Kris Belan, the Bulls were faced with a 5-on-3 power-play advantage against. After the first penalty expired, the Wranglers took a 3-2 lead. Hughesman scored his second goal of the season off of a deflection right in front of Heemskerk. Blackwater and Cook added assists on Hughesman's sixth goal of the season.
Ouellet scored his second goal of the game at 58 seconds of the third period to tie the game, 3-3. Ouellet took the puck across the blue line and fired it past O'Keefe from the top of the left face-off circle. Captain Justin Bowers picked up an assist on the play. The Bulls took a 4-3 lead with 9:29 remaining in the game when Marek Viedensky scored his fifth goal of the season on the power play. The goal was assisted by Peter Sivak and Guimond. The Wranglers scored two goals in 13 seconds to retake the lead as Bretton Stamler and Blackwater scored back-to-back goals with 2:15 and 2:02 left to take a 5-4 lead. The Bulls were able to fashion a dramatic comeback as Guimond tied the game, when his shot deflected in front, past O'Keefe with 29 seconds left in regulation. Viedensky and Crescenzi picked up assists.
In the extra period, Vegas won the game at 46 seconds of overtime. Eric Lampe scored from behind the net to end the Bulls' winning streak at four games.
The Bulls finish this week against the Utah Grizzlies (Friday and Saturday at 6:05 pm). The Bulls return home to face the Bakersfield Condors on Wednesday, December 5 for Get a Pair Wednesdays. Get 2-for-1 hot dogs at the Cow Palace. On Friday, December 7, the Bulls host the Colorado Eagles for a Teddy Bear Toss. Get your tickets by calling 855-SF-BULLS.
Bulletins: Justin Bowers extended his point and assist streak to eight games (1g, 8a)...Dean Ouellet has seven goals in his last four games...Peter Sivak had his goal streak snapped at four games...The Bulls have gone 9-for-15 on the power play over the past four games...The Bulls have the longest current point streak in the league with five games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 30, 2012
- Toledo Scores Three Unanswered to Defeat Kalamazoo 3-2 in Overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Rallies for 5-4 Shootout Win over Florida - Florida Everblades
- Road Warriors Win Shootout Thriller in Florida - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Freeze IceMen in 6-1 Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Fall to Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Bishop Lifts Stingrays Past Royals - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Halt Jackals at Home, 4-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Everblades Bolster Blue Line with Addition of NHL Defenseman Ryan O'Byrne - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - November 30 - ECHL
- Road Warriors Receive Two Forwards from Whale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Receive Houser from AHL, Deal Hotham to Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Acquire Hotham from Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Swing Deal with Utah - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors vs. Alaska - Kevin Harvick Poster Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Bulls Take on Grizzlies at the Home of Ice Hockey at the 2002 Winter Olympics - San Francisco Bulls
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Las Vegas Wranglers Tonight - November 30 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans Acquire Centerman Zajac on Loan from Albany - Trenton Titans
- Penguins Assign Veilleux and Uher - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Announce Roster Moves - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Royals, Add Defenseman Vaughan - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 30 - ECHL
- Bulls Earn Point in Wild Overtime Loss in Las Vegas - San Francisco Bulls
- Wranglers Outlast Bulls in Goal Battle, Win 6-5 in Overtime - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.