Bulls and Thunder Square off in Stockton
San Francisco Bulls (19-25-1-6, eighth place, Western Conference) at
Stockton Thunder (25-20-5-4, fourth place, Western Conference)
When: Saturday, February 16 at 7:30 pm
Where: Stockton Arena
Tonight's Matchup: The San Francisco Bulls (19-25-1-6) return to California this weekend to take on their in-state rivals, the Stockton Thunder (25-20-5-4), in a two-game set. This is the ninth of 13 meetings between the two, with the Bulls leading the season series 5-2-0-1. The Bulls and Thunder face off twice this weekend, tonight in Stockton and tomorrow afternoon at the Cow Palace.
The last time these two faced off, Taylor Nelson put on a defensive show, stopping 40 shots and taking the Bulls and Thunder to a shoot out, where Stockton came away with the win. Dean Ouellet scored twice, and Christian Ouellet added to the tally to take the lead in the second period, but a third-period goal by the Thunder forced overtime. Cody Carlson picked up two assists on the night, and Rob Kwiet, Alex Tuckerman and Dylan King each picked up one.
Last Wednesday night, the Bulls stunned the Idaho Steelheads with a 6-3 win at CenturyLink Arena. The game started off electric when Dylan King and Mike Towns dropped the gloves just 20 seconds into the first. Sparks continued to fly for the Bulls, as they paralyzed the Steelheads with five straight goals after Idaho had taken a 3-1 lead. Peter Sivak brought the Bulls back within one in the second period, extending his goal streak to three games. In the third, Rob Kwiet scored his ninth and 10th goals of the season to give the Bulls the lead. Kris Belan added another with his eighth goal of the season, and Sivak sealed the victory with an empty net tally for his team leading 26th goal.
Despite having his point streak snapped by Idaho on Tuesday night, Cody Carlson picked up right where he left off after he assisted Kwiet's second goal. Carlson has notched nine points in his last 10 games (1g, 8a), always seeming to find his man and providing an additional offensive boost the Bulls need. Dean and Christian Ouellet have been leading the team offensively lately, tallying ten and nine points respectively over the last ten games. Since his return to the roster, Thomas Heemskerk has been impressive in between the pipes, saving 62 of 70 shots.
Stockton sits in fourth place with 57 points in the Western Conference, tied with the Las Vegas Wranglers. San Francisco fell back to eighth place with 45 points after the Utah Grizzlies won last night. The Bakersfield Condors picked up some ground on the Bulls with a 4-1 win over the Colorado Eagles yesterday. Though, they still sit eight points back of San Francisco.
The Bulls return home tomorrow afternoon to take on the Thunder once again at 2:15 pm. Sunday will be Pucks and Paws day at the Cow Palace. Bring your dog to the game, and the first 500 fans will receive a pet bowl. You MUST call the Bulls office at 855-SF-BULLS ahead of time to bring your dog to the game. In honor of Hockey Across America Week, all fans can shoot on the Bulls goal following the game.
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2013
- Queen City Struggles Continue for Trenton, Fall to Cyclones, 5-2 - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Raise over $20,000 in Pink in the Rink Game; Fall to Alaska - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Give up Third Loss to Steelheads, 4-2 - Ontario Reign
- Aces' Offense Erupts in 6-2 Win over Grizzlies - Alaska Aces
- Stewart Shuts out Eagles as Bakersfield Sweeps Weekend Set - Colorado Eagles
- Idaho Picks up Gutty Win - Idaho Steelheads
- For the Second Straight Night, Kalamazoo Needs OT to Defeat Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays, Zapolski Stymie Orlando 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Extend Winning Streak to Five by Routing Trenton, 5-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Fall to Everblades 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Jackals Turned Back Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Zapolski Powers Stingrays Past Solar Bears 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Sign Forward Jay Silvia - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Colorado - Get Your Picture with Batman at the Game - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Bulls and Thunder Square off in Stockton - San Francisco Bulls
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. San Francisco Bulls - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Trenton - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays - February 16 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans GameDay at Cincinnati, February 16 - Game 52 (Away 26) - Trenton Titans
- Domingue Reassigned to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Solar Bears Faceoff Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 16 - ECHL
- Reign Fall 2-1 to Thunder in OT - Ontario Reign
- Additions spark Thunder in clutch, rally past Ontario before 5,145 fans - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Hook Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stewart Stymies Colorado, Condors Win 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans' Heartbreaking Loss Fueled by Goal from CIN GK Foster - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Beat Alaska 3-2 in Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Stewart Stops 52 Shots as Condors Get Season's First Win Against Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Aces Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss in Utah - Alaska Aces
- Idaho can't summon third-period rally, Wranglers win 9th straight game - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.