Bulldogs Win 4-3 over Flint
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. For the second straight night, the Hamilton Bulldogs dominated the 3rd period, Saturday night pulling out a 4-3 win over the Flint Firebirds at FirstOntario Centre.
The Bulldogs carried the play for the majority of the 1st period, but didn't find the back of the net until the final minute as Nicholas Caamano (21) scored to give the home team a 1-0 lead.
It was all Flint in the 2nd period as they scored twice, including a power-play goal from former Bulldog Riley McCourt as the visitors led 2-1 heading into the 3rd.
Hamilton's special teams took over in the final period as they outscored the Firebirds 3-1 with a power-play goal from Nick Caamano (22), a shorthanded goal from Isaac Nurse (10) to tie the game at 3-3, then the game winner from Brandon Saigeon (23) at 19:09 on the power-play to make the final 4-3.
1) Brandon Saigeon (HAM). 2) Nicholas Caamano (HAM). 3) Riley McCourt (FLNT).
The Bulldogs now head out on a 4-game road trip starting Wednesday January 17th in Owen Sound with the next home game Saturday January 27th against the Oshawa Generals.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Petes Wrap up Weekend with a Shootout in North Bay - Peterborough Petes
- 67's Can'T Weather the Storm, Fall 5-4 to Guelph in OT - Ottawa 67's
- Bulldogs Win 4-3 over Flint - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Petes Offense Explodes in Front of Largest Crowd of the Season - Peterborough Petes
- Firebirds Score Power-Play Goal for Seventh Consecutive Game to Secure Franchise Record, Fall 4-3 in - Flint Firebirds
- GAME RECAP: IceDogs Win the Weekend with 5-3 Win over the Otters - Niagara IceDogs
- Post-Deadline Rangers Earn Second Straight Win, Drop Spirit - Kitchener Rangers
- 67s Fall to Flying Petes - Ottawa 67's
- Firebirds Tally Franchise-Record 48 Shots on the Road in Defeat to Oshawa Friday - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.